In-line small square balers

/ In-line small square balers #91  
Less now. we used to do a bunch (30,000 at peak time) of small squares. More dry round bales & wrapped now. Less work and rounds are starting to become more popular.

More people are doing there own, everyone seemed to think we were making a ton of money doing it.

As our beef cow operation became a hobby, the day job pays for nicer equipment. Nicer equipment makes me wanna go back farming. The math just doesn't pan out.

It is nice to look at 750 small squares as an easy day, myself & the wife would do that before dinner.

Whoa... now, that's quite a bit of twine! :D

Did you have an accumulator and grabber or a bale wagon?

My wife and I "got into" this "hay habit" hoping that we'd "break even"! No dreaming $$ signs in our eyes! Just figured that we could "roll our own" and not have to pay $9-10-11-12-$14.00 a bale in the field! Costs us about $4 a bale.

Besides, I like doing it!

My wife, son and I did 650 this summer in a day. Tedded, raked, baled and stacked in the barn. The next week we did 2,400 for the neighbor. (He hired a crew of high school kids to do most of the stacking.)

AKfish

/ In-line small square balers #92  
Whoa... now, that's quite a bit of twine! :D

Did you have an accumulator and grabber or a bale wagon?
AKfish

That was back when we just had a chute to slide them up to a wagon. We would run 2 balers on the big days. We used to have customers show up with 48ft box trailers to take them off the wagons. Seems as though the weather was better back then & we could knock hay down for a week and not worry about it.

I've been eyeballing one of those bale bandits. If I can find a deal on one of those, I may do more squares again. Way more money per ton, if the labor isn't there. My buddies have caught on to the free case of beer thing. When its 90 and humid, they stay away.

/ In-line small square balers #93  
Will,

My wife bought tickets online. I have always wanted to go. It is truly amazing. there were 29 buildings, big buildings full of equipment. Even though most we wont ever see again, never mind need, it was awesome to check out.

We tried to get on a tour leaving state side, there just wasn't anything we could find. We just booked some tickets & headed out. Very interesting how everything is done over there.

/ In-line small square balers #94  
Will,

My wife bought tickets online. I have always wanted to go. It is truly amazing. there were 29 buildings, big buildings full of equipment. Even though most we wont ever see again, never mind need, it was awesome to check out.

We tried to get on a tour leaving state side, there just wasn't anything we could find. We just booked some tickets & headed out. Very interesting how everything is done over there.

I had met one of the organizers of the Agrictechnica at a industry trade show last fall in the states and that would be one Great Show to see. Maybe one day:D. If you are looking at at a Bale Bandit there is a Bale Baron out there that looks a little less complicated. Also a Kuhns accumilator is probally has one of the best simple designs.

Marcrest Manufacturing - Bale Baron
http://www.kuhnsmfg.com/

/ In-line small square balers #95  
I had met one of the organizers of the Agrictechnica at a industry trade show last fall in the states and that would be one Great Show to see. Maybe one day:D. If you are looking at at a Bale Bandit there is a Bale Baron out there that looks a little less complicated. Also a Kuhns accumilator is probally has one of the best simple designs.

Marcrest Manufacturing - Bale Baron
http://www.kuhnsmfg.com/

The Bale Baron sure does look like a nice system. It almost makes me want to be bigger then I am. If I ever do get big enough to where I am shipping hay or loading tractor trailers then I will consider something like that but it would take a lot of hay to pay for itself.

I do like how it uses twine to tie the bundles together. Much easier and safer for the buyer to remove and dispose of.

/ In-line small square balers #96  
Robert_in_NY said:
The Bale Baron sure does look like a nice system. It almost makes me want to be bigger then I am. If I ever do get big enough to where I am shipping hay or loading tractor trailers then I will consider something like that but it would take a lot of hay to pay for itself.

I do like how it uses twine to tie th bundles together. Much easier and safer for the buyer to remove and dispose of.

The Bale Baron looks to be the cats meow . Neat to watch in action.

/ In-line small square balers #97  
What is the difference between the Heston and MF in line balers?

I am thinking a MF 1835 should do what I need to do.

I am a John Deere guy, but I like the idea of the inline baler.

D.

/ In-line small square balers #98  
There is no difference in a MF or a Heston. They just have different numbers on them. If you look at a MF, it will say MF by Heston on the side of it.
I too am wanting an inline baler, but I dont want to pay new price for one. All the used ones around the south, I am in Georgia have been used alot before they are put up for sale. I usually roll around 1000 to 1300 round bales a year for my beef and sales to horse people. I baled 1500 squares this year as well with my new holland 310 which is a offset baler. I would like to do 2000 or more squares each year to make more income off of the same amount of hay.

Double your money with squares.

Marshall

/ In-line small square balers #99  
What is the difference between the Heston and MF in line balers?

I am thinking a MF 1835 should do what I need to do.

I am a John Deere guy, but I like the idea of the inline baler.

D.

just like others said its the exact same unit, just red. I had a 1835, its the smaller one in their line. It was pretty much flawless after break in. It likes smaller windrows, mainly because your hitch runs right over the center of it.