In-line small square balers

/ In-line small square balers #61  
mark.r said:
I just got back from my local NH dealer. I dealt with them in the past and they are good guys. I had never dealt with them in terms of large or AG related equipment because at the time we only had a Ford 1220 compact. At any rate I stopped by to check out the TN, TD, and 6000 series tractors as well as their Kuhn line and of course their NH hay line. What I did find was intersting. They had at least 5 used 565 and 575 balers in hand, all except for one that were in excellent condition. Secondly, they had a new 565 baler on the lot and on feature that I noticed it had was a swinging hitch that alot it to be towed directly behind the tractor. I don't remember anyone mentioning this and I don't know if older versions of the baler had this feature or not. But this was one of the features of the inlne baler that was appealing to me. It would all allow for much easier transport in high traffic areas an narrow roads.

The swinging hitch is only for transporting from farm to field or field to field. If you try to bale with the baler in transport you will be running over the windrow with your tires and the driveline won't sound happy. Most if not all conventional square balers have the swinging drawbar for transporting.

/ In-line small square balers #62  
Robert_in_NY said:
The swinging hitch is only for transporting from farm to field or field to field. If you try to bale with the baler in transport you will be running over the windrow with your tires and the driveline won't sound happy. Most if not all conventional square balers have the swinging drawbar for transporting.

Right, I understand. Sorry I didn't express that in my original post. For transport issues that addresses my concerns. Do the older models have the swinger hitch as well?

/ In-line small square balers #63  
mark.r said:
Right, I understand. Sorry I didn't express that in my original post. For transport issues that addresses my concerns. Do the older models have the swinger hitch as well?

Any built in the last 50 years.

/ In-line small square balers #64  
mark.r said:

As Rick said, just about every small square baler has the swinging hitch for transport and has so since they were invented.

Also, on the NH balers (and I am sure JD also but not positive) the hitch for pulling a wagon behind the baler swings also (but manually) so you can pull a wagon direcly behind the chute for baling or you can swing it in for transport so the wagon doesn't stick out further then the baler. I leave mine in the same position 24/7 which is straight behind the chamber. I have pulled wagons down the road in this position also but Rt 20 is wide enough to allow me to do so.

/ In-line small square balers #65  
Most modern JD Square Bailers have the movable hitch for transport and bailing. Not sure about the trailer hitch, we always dropped the the full hay wagon for another tractor.
This post has gotten me interested in inline bailers!!

/ In-line small square balers #66  
Where would you place the condition of this baler? I know pictures can only tell so much but just being curious. I am not buying, just trying to get educated

On the Hesston 4570 baler- overall condition looks good, it doesn't have a PTO shaft shield on it (not a biggie), noticed it doesn't have a rear hitch so I would guess it either had a hydraulic bale thrower on the back or a quarter turn chute, my quess is the chute because of the black chain adjustments. The rust on the rear bale chute (chamber) tells me it has probably seen alot of bales or stored outside. The tires have seen some road time or a lot of hay stubble on them. We own the same machine so I was comparing my memory with your pictures.

Hope this helps.

/ In-line small square balers #67  
Great information, thanks!

/ In-line small square balers #68  
Mark
Did you ask for pricing? Id like to know how it compares to their prices of the mid range used offset balers. Would be also interesting to see a pic of the knotters.

/ In-line small square balers #69  
jimg said:
Mark
Did you ask for pricing? Id like to know how it compares to their prices of the mid range used offset balers. Would be also interesting to see a pic of the knotters.

No, pricing. It's going up for auction soon. Pricing is starting at 1,000 bucks and expect to sell for less than 5,000 from what I understand.

/ In-line small square balers #70  
Depending on condition that could be a good buy. Would be good to know the condition of the knotters and various bearings.