Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

Default Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630

Will the Kubata handle everything that the 4630 does? Wanting to get a 4wd to help with feeding hay otherwise the 4630 is done good.

Default Re: Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630

Long story short, yes. You'll have 7 more pto hp, a few more cubic inches, a little more GPM on hydraulics, and some nice modern features that just weren't available at the time the 4630 was made. All that said, the 4630 is a heck of a good tractor. I don't know exactly what configuration you are looking at, but I would highly recommend the cab with the hydraulic shuttle. It cost more but you'll sure like it.
    -Kubota M9580, 4x4, cab, M1410 loader.
    -Kubota M6040, hyd shuttle, Rops, 4x4, LA1153 loader
    -Kubota RTV900 worksite
    -Kubota ZD21 60" pro deck
    -Ford 2N

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsLuke
    Long story short, yes. You'll have 7 more pto hp, a few more cubic inches, a little more GPM on hydraulics, and some nice modern features that just weren't available at the time the 4630 was made. All that said, the 4630 is a heck of a good tractor. I don't know exactly what configuration you are looking at, but I would highly recommend the cab with the hydraulic shuttle. It cost more but you'll sure like it.
    The 4630 has been a good tractor and if it was 4wd I would not consider trading it. I wish it had the dual hydraulic pumps as the loader is a little slow on it. Good simple basic tractor that has been dependable. Looking at an open station with the hydraulic shuttle.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4

Do you have a Mahindra dealer nearby? I've had good luck with my Mahindras. They are what I consider good solid no frills dependable tractors. I have the 7010 cab and the 6000 4x4. The 7010 would have about 5 more hp than the kubota. They're also coming out with an 85hp cab tractor soon. That would be almost 20 more hp than the Kubota. Mahindra is very competitive in price. Here's a link to their web page Mahindra Tractor - Compact tractors, utility tractors, farm tractors, ag tractors, attachments, implements & farm equipment - all built tough!