Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630

/ Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630 #1  

tom4018

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
Will the Kubata handle everything that the 4630 does? Wanting to get a 4wd to help with feeding hay otherwise the 4630 is done good.

/ Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630 #2  
Long story short, yes. You'll have 7 more pto hp, a few more cubic inches, a little more GPM on hydraulics, and some nice modern features that just weren't available at the time the 4630 was made. All that said, the 4630 is a heck of a good tractor. I don't know exactly what configuration you are looking at, but I would highly recommend the cab with the hydraulic shuttle. It cost more but you'll sure like it.

/ Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630
CumminsLuke said:
Long story short, yes. You'll have 7 more pto hp, a few more cubic inches, a little more GPM on hydraulics, and some nice modern features that just weren't available at the time the 4630 was made. All that said, the 4630 is a heck of a good tractor. I don't know exactly what configuration you are looking at, but I would highly recommend the cab with the hydraulic shuttle. It cost more but you'll sure like it.

The 4630 has been a good tractor and if it was 4wd I would not consider trading it. I wish it had the dual hydraulic pumps as the loader is a little slow on it. Good simple basic tractor that has been dependable. Looking at an open station with the hydraulic shuttle.

/ Kubota M7040 versus Ford 4630 #4  
Do you have a Mahindra dealer nearby? I've had good luck with my Mahindras. They are what I consider good solid no frills dependable tractors. I have the 7010 cab and the 6000 4x4. The 7010 would have about 5 more hp than the Kubota. They're also coming out with an 85hp cab tractor soon. That would be almost 20 more hp than the Kubota. Mahindra is very competitive in price. Here's a link to their web page Mahindra Tractor - Compact tractors, utility tractors, farm tractors, ag tractors, attachments, implements & farm equipment - all built tough!