Tach and speedo nto working?

/ Tach and speedo nto working? #1  

BryanM

Gold Member
Tractor
John deere 2155, ford 1600
I just bought a used JD 2155 and I have a couple of problems that need addressed. First the Tac and hourmeter are not working. It looks like electronic dash and the fuses are good. I do not have a tech manual yet, but can someone tell me what drives the tac? Crank sensor or what or where would it be located. Just dont know how it works maybe someone can tell me what to look for or check? I also have a fuel gage not working same deal tho, Ive got 1 wire going to the sender and 2 coming off or vice versia. I think I have an open in the 2 wires, only because I have conintuity to 2 wires back at mid motor that are not connected to anything and I do not see any connectors where they might go. thanks for any input :)

/ Tach and speedo nto working?
Does anyone know of somewhere to get a insturment cluster repaired or a used one?

/ Tach and speedo nto working? #3  
You might have better results putting this type of question in the John Deere owner forum as there are dealers and such that know these particular tractors that keep an eye on just a few forums. And your title selection doesn't help for them to notice it. Good luck.

/ Tach and speedo nto working?
will take your advice thankx

/ Tach and speedo nto working? #5  
I wonder if this unit picks up off the alternator, like some Nh units.

Look for a loose wire on the alternator. (WAG )

soundguy