need a line on Da Ros tedder parts

/ need a line on Da Ros tedder parts #1  

Niji

Silver Member
Just got a Da Ros single row tedder today that looks like it landed in the world's biggest ground hog hole at full speed. Came from a friend that happened to get it in with some other equip. at a sale recently.

I need 12 sets of rake teeth (yeah...all of them) and 3 of the metal arms that go from the hubs to the rake teeth, and then should be in action. Anybody got a line on parts for this thing? We've got about 2 weeks before 1st cutting here in the mountains of VA, and I hope to have this on line before then. I've got the trusty NH hay rake, but have heard the tedder really saves a day or two with the curing, and I was hoping to try one this year. I was wondering if Tractor Supply stocks a rake tooth that'll match these--didn't see the brand listed? Anyway, any insight much appreciated.

/ need a line on Da Ros tedder parts
I'm answering my own questions here for posterity--Da Ros is imported through Georgia, and for Virginia I deal with United Farm Implement (478) 274-1949.

Which leads to another question...the rake teeth from these guys are $10, and the arms $33, plus shipping, so I'm wondering if some of the standard NH, JD, &c. parts I can get locally will work?

/ need a line on Da Ros tedder parts #3  
tsc would probably have the teeth you'll need, just bring a good one w/ you to match it up. as far as the arms those would probably be a dealer item, however if you take one w/ you it may match up w/ an nh or other brand, at the local dealer. tsc can be a pain if they have to order the teeth, i needed rock guards for my jd#8 sickle that i was repairing this past winter they ordered the guards and i have still yet to see them. tsc says they're a seasonal item and should be in by mid may, better be or i'm out a hay mower w/ new guards.

/ need a line on Da Ros tedder parts
I've got an arm off with half a tooth...there wasn't a single double tooth that survived whatever happened to this poor implement. I think I'll make a trip to TSC with the pieces and see what I can match up like you suggest. TSC is about an hour away, but I've got a long enough list now to make the trip. The NH 163 is really close both arms and teeth, I compared to one yesterday.

Good luck with the sickle mower.