Parts for a hesston mower conditioner

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #1  

BryanM

Gold Member
Tractor
John deere 2155, ford 1600
Lookin into buying a hesston mower, can you still get parts? Are they decent mowers?

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner
Sorry its a pt-10 anybody have any experiences with these? Can I still get parts need some help and advice quickly! thanks Bryan

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #3  
some of the more frequently needed parts like rock guards,knife parts ie blades,reel teeth can probably be found at tsc. belts and chain can probaly be had at napa. some of the other harder to find cutter bar parts (wear blocks ect. and/or a whole sickle bar can be had from sickleservice.com. other than that i'm not too sure about the other parts maybe the local agco/massey dealer if close by would be able to help. conditioner rolls can be very expensive to replace even if you can find them. i would def. make sure you can get parts for that machine b4 you buy. you would hate to break down and have a good spell of weather w/ no parts to be had and hay to be cut. good luck

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #4  
Most of the PT 10 and PT 7s all had a problem with the sickle driver mounts tearing out. This could have been caused by not checking bolt tightness or it was just their nature. I would like at that closely. There are several of these sitting at a machinery salvage yard near here and all have the same problem. 2 places you can still get parts are SHOUPS and SLOANS in Illinois.

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #5  
check the Hesston website and/or email them about a manual or parts availability?

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #6  
some of the more frequently needed parts like rock guards,knife parts ie blades,reel teeth can probably be found at tsc. belts and chain can probaly be had at napa. some of the other harder to find cutter bar parts (wear blocks ect. and/or a whole sickle bar can be had from sickleservice.com. other than that i'm not too sure about the other parts maybe the local agco/massey dealer if close by would be able to help. conditioner rolls can be very expensive to replace even if you can find them. i would def. make sure you can get parts for that machine b4 you buy. you would hate to break down and have a good spell of weather w/ no parts to be had and hay to be cut. good luck

I just bought a Hesston PT 10 mower/conditioner, and hay pulling/feeding drum has a bad bearing on the right (from the rear) side. Can't get the unit apart to replace it. Any suggestions?

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #7  
Most of the PT 10 and PT 7s all had a problem with the sickle driver mounts tearing out. This could have been caused by not checking bolt tightness or it was just their nature. I would like at that closely. There are several of these sitting at a machinery salvage yard near here and all have the same problem. 2 places you can still get parts are SHOUPS and SLOANS in Illinois.

I just bought a Hesston PT 10 mower/conditioner, and hay pulling/feeding drum has a bad bearing on the right (from the rear) side. Can't get the unit apart to replace it. Any suggestions?

/ Parts for a hesston mower conditioner #8  
The bearing on my PT-10 went out for the metal roller on the left side with the pulley on it it. Any suggestions on how to get it all apart?

Thanks, Greg