Gold Member
    Tractor
    John deere 2155, ford 1600

Default Parts for a hesston mower conditioner

Lookin into buying a hesston mower, can you still get parts? Are they decent mowers?

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John deere 2155, ford 1600

Default Re: Parts for a hesston mower conditioner

Sorry its a pt-10 anybody have any experiences with these? Can I still get parts need some help and advice quickly! thanks Bryan

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd h, jd 50, jd2010,jd 790,case530hoe

some of the more frequently needed parts like rock guards,knife parts ie blades,reel teeth can probably be found at tsc. belts and chain can probaly be had at napa. some of the other harder to find cutter bar parts (wear blocks ect. and/or a whole sickle bar can be had from sickleservice.com. other than that i'm not too sure about the other parts maybe the local agco/massey dealer if close by would be able to help. conditioner rolls can be very expensive to replace even if you can find them. i would def. make sure you can get parts for that machine b4 you buy. you would hate to break down and have a good spell of weather w/ no parts to be had and hay to be cut. good luck

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    860 Ford,Farmtrac 675 DTC

Most of the PT 10 and PT 7s all had a problem with the sickle driver mounts tearing out. This could have been caused by not checking bolt tightness or it was just their nature. I would like at that closely. There are several of these sitting at a machinery salvage yard near here and all have the same problem. 2 places you can still get parts are SHOUPS and SLOANS in Illinois.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    century 2535

check the Hesston website and/or email them about a manual or parts availability?
    Erik
    Mahindra 3510, box blade, pallet forks, 6' KK mower...

Tractor
    farmall 560; Hesston PT10 MowerConditioner

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    some of the more frequently needed parts like rock guards,knife parts ie blades,reel teeth can probably be found at tsc. belts and chain can probaly be had at napa. some of the other harder to find cutter bar parts (wear blocks ect. and/or a whole sickle bar can be had from sickleservice.com. other than that i'm not too sure about the other parts maybe the local agco/massey dealer if close by would be able to help. conditioner rolls can be very expensive to replace even if you can find them. i would def. make sure you can get parts for that machine b4 you buy. you would hate to break down and have a good spell of weather w/ no parts to be had and hay to be cut. good luck
    I just bought a Hesston PT 10 mower/conditioner, and hay pulling/feeding drum has a bad bearing on the right (from the rear) side. Can't get the unit apart to replace it. Any suggestions?

Tractor
    farmall 560; Hesston PT10 MowerConditioner

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
    Most of the PT 10 and PT 7s all had a problem with the sickle driver mounts tearing out. This could have been caused by not checking bolt tightness or it was just their nature. I would like at that closely. There are several of these sitting at a machinery salvage yard near here and all have the same problem. 2 places you can still get parts are SHOUPS and SLOANS in Illinois.
    I just bought a Hesston PT 10 mower/conditioner, and hay pulling/feeding drum has a bad bearing on the right (from the rear) side. Can't get the unit apart to replace it. Any suggestions?

Tractor
    IH444, Oliver OC-3

The bearing on my PT-10 went out for the metal roller on the left side with the pulley on it it. Any suggestions on how to get it all apart?

Thanks, Greg