Round Bale to Square Bale

/ Round Bale to Square Bale #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
Dollar per ton, square bales are where it is at. I am still working on getting my coastal weed free and "horse quality". I am looking ahead to a square baler and a unroller. I have found a couple that look interesting:

T's:

T's Easy Unroller

Deweze:

Super Slicer II

The Deweze looks more versatile and mobile. I have found a couple deweze units used, but they are up north. I have not seen any local here.

Square baler wise, I figured I will get a JD 348 (clean used one).

Any advice?

Thanks,
D.

/ Round Bale to Square Bale #2  
I was talking with the nh tech who timed our bailer and he was saying most of the time unrolling isnt worthit due to the damage done on the 2nd bailing. all the good parts get knocked out of the bale.

just looking at the 2nd one it appers to be a feed processor rather then for rebailing.

/ Round Bale to Square Bale #3  
ddivinia said:
Dollar per ton, square bales are where it is at. I am still working on getting my coastal weed free and "horse quality". I am looking ahead to a square baler and a unroller. I have found a couple that look interesting:

T's:

T's Easy Unroller

Deweze:

Super Slicer II

The Deweze looks more versatile and mobile. I have found a couple deweze units used, but they are up north. I have not seen any local here.

Square baler wise, I figured I will get a JD 348 (clean used one).

Any advice?

Thanks,
D.

Wire or twine? Twine for the horse people. I picked up a nice MF-124 two-twine baler a few weeks ago for $2K. New chains, new knives, no missing fingers on the pickup. Bought it right out of the field (the seller used it 2 days prior to the sale to bale on his 35 acres).

Don't know anything about the JD 348 except that it appears to be about the same size as my MF-124. The 348 is quite a bit more recent than my MF-124 and the prices I see reflect that difference (348's in the $10K range).

/ Round Bale to Square Bale
Kendrick said:
I was talking with the nh tech who timed our bailer and he was saying most of the time unrolling isnt worthit due to the damage done on the 2nd bailing. all the good parts get knocked out of the bale.

just looking at the 2nd one it appers to be a feed processor rather then for rebailing.

Interesting - good information to know. I won't be ready to do sqaures for another year or so. I am still doing homework on all the options. I am keeping my eyes open for a deal on a square baler.

D.

/ Round Bale to Square Bale
flusher said:
Wire or twine? Twine for the horse people. I picked up a nice MF-124 two-twine baler a few weeks ago for $2K. New chains, new knives, no missing fingers on the pickup. Bought it right out of the field (the seller used it 2 days prior to the sale to bale on his 35 acres).

Don't know anything about the JD 348 except that it appears to be about the same size as my MF-124. The 348 is quite a bit more recent than my MF-124 and the prices I see reflect that difference (348's in the $10K range).

I was set on wire but after looking at it closer, I am going to go twine. The new poly twine stuff is pretty tough. Growing up, wire was the only thing used around here. Also, with metal prices - twine seems to be a better route.

I am open to other brands, but my JD dealer is pretty top notch. If I have a problem - they can fix it.

It sure seems like you got a deal - I would have a hard time passing that deal up.

D.