uses for stack mover

/ uses for stack mover #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
Does anyone have good uses for a stack mover? These can be found relatively cheap at auctions. $400-500 range. Seem like a good chunk of metal with heavy axle, tilt bed and roller chain. Most are designed to carry 6000# stacks in the field. Make one into a tilt trailer? Give me your ideas.

Antique Tractors - John Deere 200 Stack Mover

/ uses for stack mover
No responses? I guess I can understand why they are relatively cheap. No good uses for one.

/ uses for stack mover #3  
It's probably safe to say that the potential uses are determined by one's needs; and are limited only by one's imagination, and wallet.

/ uses for stack mover #4  
radman1 said:
Does anyone have good uses for a stack mover? These can be found relatively cheap at auctions. $400-500 range. Seem like a good chunk of metal with heavy axle, tilt bed and roller chain. Most are designed to carry 6000# stacks in the field. Make one into a tilt trailer? Give me your ideas.

Antique Tractors - John Deere 200 Stack Mover

Stack your round bales in a field in a block, back up, load up, haul to your yard is one use for them. I've seen them used to move sheds. And of course, use them to feed stacks of hay (their intended use... :) ). Grew up using one, and they are still in use semi-often where I live.

/ uses for stack mover #5  
We never had them in our area but I see on the internet people use them to move round bales.