7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #11  
Granted I was using 8'x16' wagons instead of a single axle trailer(no tongue weight), but I was bring in 120 squares at a time behind my Kubota RTV900. Pulled it like nothing.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #12  
IIRC all of the atvs Ive looked at were rated to tow 1500-2000# (think I have that right). Youre well over that w/ 120 50# bales.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting
:D CHH that Polaris Ranger is the best thing I ever purchased 4wd we had 100 bales loaded on that trailer. but we also filled up a hay wagon and pulled it with the ranger no trouble;)

Jimg I cut I am just estimating at 5-6 acres and we got 400 bales first cutting and first cut ever taken on this field. planted field last fall and I tell you it was nice and thick .

The only problem was the hay was a little mature ,because of all the rain we have been having and as you can see everyone has been having the same trouble, we finnaly are getting a break and it seems like everyone is cutting today and getting it done:)

chh hope you have great weather and the storms get done in your area:D

have a great day
Greg

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #14  
On flat ground I suppose you can do things us guys with hills can't do! I was towing a wagon and baler behind a Case JX 75 4wd cab model on the weekend (with loader and loaded tires, at least 8000 lbs) and lost traction going up hill with a partly loaded wagon.

Once the wagon had the full 240 bales on it I couldn't tackle any of the steep spots.

Now in some flat field areas I have, the same baler and wagon on my little Kubota L5030HSTC has no trouble even with a full wagon.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #15  
chh said:
How much hay were you loading on that trailer behind the Polaris? I wouldn't have thought they could pull as much as what was on the trailer in the pics. The hay looks pretty nice in the pics.
We are waiting out t-storms again today in Oklahoma.

Rangers are pretty stout. I would not want that load behind me on a hill..

D.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #16  
I was gonna post something funny but then I realized the whole pic sequence was about the funniest thing I had ever seen.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #17  
sammyd said:
I was gonna post something funny but then I realized the whole pic sequence was about the funniest thing I had ever seen.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

How are these pics the "funniest thing" you have ever seen?

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #18  
Robert_in_NY said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

How are these pics the "funniest thing" you have ever seen?

Exactly what I was wandering.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #19  
sammyd said:

Huh???

My old 4 wheeler needs replaced and I have been looking at Yamaha's and Rhino's. I just didn't think any of the UTV's could tow that much. My main use would be checking cattle and using with a spot sprayer. My wife just wants me to get a bigger 4 wheeler and I really like the Mule. I guess we shall see if I get serious about shopping for one.

/ 7-7-2008 finnaly got 1st cutting #20  
I guess I've never seen anyone make hay with lawn tractors before.
You were really gonna pull that baler with a 27 HP lawn tractor?

Just me but I woulda spent the money you spent on that baler in a whole different manner.