I need a round baler!

/ I need a round baler! #31  
Matt, you may want to give Washington County Tractor a look. The have a nice program that may interest you. You would have to get the tractor shipped as they are in Texas but based on what you may save on some of these tractors you may make out in the end. These are nice, large tractors at serious discounts with low or now hours on them.

Washington County Tractor - Harvest Lease Return Tractor

/ I need a round baler! #32  
matt21 said:
Where did you get the montana at? I've been looking at a TYM T603 or T700. The T603 is $29,000 with loader and the T700 is $37,000. I also looked at a Deutz agroplus 67 without loader for about $38,000. The Deutz is considerably higher but a much better tractor. If i could find a demo with a stiff discount i'd rather have the Deutz. I'd have to get a loader for it though.

Adair County Equipment
Joe Bruner
918-797-2023

He is a MF and Montana dealer. The price I gave for the demo tractor and FEL is several grand less than what you quoted for the Tym 700. Just barely over what you quoted for the T 603. They set the tires out for a wider stance and loaded the rears for stability. He also has available a much better bale spike for the FEL than the OEM one and it is also about half the price. You could pull a 4x5 baler with the T7074. It is being done on a daily basis by ones they have sold in that area.
They 90 hp Montana is supposed to be out soon, I have not heard details on pricing or what date to expect to see them.
I really like the looks of the Duetz tractors too. There is not really an established dealer for them close to me yet.

/ I need a round baler!
Quantie Auto Supply in Locust Grove sells Deutz tractors. He's a little expensive but he won't steer ya wrong. Here's the number if you're ever interested in one.

Harold Quantie Sr.
(918)479-8797

/ I need a round baler!
chh said:
If,,,, you can move it, you will make more money from squares. I am selling 4x6 netwrapped bales of cattle hay for $28 to $30 apiece loaded on the customers trailer. Weight is about 1000 lbs. 1000 lbs in 16 60ish lb bales x $4 apiece is $64. You do need to fiquire though how much handling and storage would cost you though. That could change the way those numbers would actually profit you a lot. I, this year anyway, am moving all the round bales I can make with very little interest in buying squares and zero interest in any of the custom jobs for squares.
I like to buy new tractors or demo tractors that are discounted. I have bought too many used tractors that were other peoples headaches. I'd rather pay up front than pay later, if I can keep my productivity up and headaches down. Of course it's how much you want to spend and how much tractor you want. I just picked up a demo'd Montana T7074 with cab, air, MFWD and FEL(70 engine hp and 60 pto hp)with a demo discount and a Montana promotional rebate to use as a mower tractor. It was considerably cheaper than a plain MF 571 cab without the MFWD and FEL. This is the second time I have bought a demo tractor and both times it knocked quite a bit off.
I know where there is most likely still a dud MF 5455 with 200+ hours on it that a dealer would really like to pawn off on somebody.;) That is unless somebody already got suckered in on it.

Do your customers prefer net wrap? Or would they care if it was just twine wrapped?

/ I need a round baler! #35  
1 person requested twine. Everyone else wants net.

/ I need a round baler!
I just found a Vermeer 504 super I for sale for about $7,000. It looks to be in really good condition. It's twine only. Does vermeer offer netwrap as a field-installed item on this model baler? Also, what hp would be needed to operate it?

/ I need a round baler! #37  
45 pto hp min and 55 pto hp recommeded for the new 4 x 5 Vermeer balers. The Super I should be close to that or the same. I don't know of it is possible to retrofit it to net or any prices. You would need to get with a Vermeer dealer on that.

/ I need a round baler! #38  
matt21 said:
I just found a Vermeer 504 super I for sale for about $7,000. It looks to be in really good condition. It's twine only. Does vermeer offer netwrap as a field-installed item on this model baler? Also, what hp would be needed to operate it?
40 PTO HP is fine for dry hay. If you want to do haylage you need 50 PTO HP. The Super I balers and not Netwrap adaptable by an original Vermeer kit. That is a fair price for that baler. It would bring $7500-8500 here in east TN. A new 5410 Vermeer would cost $15,000. $18,000 with Netwrap.
Rebel5410.jpg

/ I need a round baler!
Well i guess i got some figuring to do then. My current tractor would run it. Where i'm at I see both net wrapped and twine bales. I'd prefer net wrap but i know of some people around here that don't care either way.

/ I need a round baler!
Ok so i've been putting the numbers to it and i'm coming to the conclusion that i should probably sell my square baler and get a round baler. I'm really not making that much money off of square bales right now and i've missed out on a few big jobs just because i don't have a round baler. Any advice??