Potato Harvester

/ Potato Harvester #1  

WayneB

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
Looking for a single row 3pt hitch potato digger in the New England area.

Wayne

/ Potato Harvester #2  
I don't have one but there is a very old one sitting on display at the St Lawrence museum of old farm power machines. This on happens to be horse drawn.

/ Potato Harvester #3  
Check with the Potatoe Queen in Munger, Michigan (also home of the US National Figure 8 Racing Championships)

/ Potato Harvester
Deerlope said:
I don't have one but there is a very old one sitting on display at the St Lawrence museum of old farm power machines. This on happens to be horse drawn.

One of those north country gents, right? We have a place near South Colton at Blake Falls on the Raquette River, that we spend time at during the summer. Real close to Wheller Mountain and Joe Indian Pond if you happen to know where they are at.

As for the potato digger I think a horse drawn one would be nice, but no way would I want to have to feed a horse!

Wayne

/ Potato Harvester #5  
Wayne, do you check Maine Craiglist? I remember seeing at least one on there. Also, Uncle Henry's buyers guide. Alot of that type of stuff might be in Aroostook county though, good ride.

/ Potato Harvester
Yea I check the Craigs list and there was one in Maine, but it was maybe a six hour ride to go see it! Still looking though. We are heading to up-state New York the end of the week and will be checking up there.

Will check Uncle Henry's later! Just a long ride but for the right unit it would be worth it!

Wayne

/ Potato Harvester #7  
I don't want to hijack the thread but what exactly IS a potato digger? I have a "potato plow" or middle buster but I assume that's not what you're talking about. I can grow some SERIOUS potatoes here but I HATE digging them up! I had wondered what the best way to harvest potatoes was on a small-scale.

/ Potato Harvester #8  
Glowplug said:
I don't want to hijack the thread but what exactly IS a potato digger? I have a "potato plow" or middle buster but I assume that's not what you're talking about. I can grow some SERIOUS potatoes here but I HATE digging them up! I had wondered what the best way to harvest potatoes was on a small-scale.

Check out these NEW ones! I used to have an old HOOVER digger. They are good for picking rocks too.

US Small Farm - 1-Row Potato Diggers

/ Potato Harvester #10  
One year when the ground was really hard, the Case backhoe got the task... Dug a mean carrot patch too...:)