IH 140 price info needed

/ IH 140 price info needed #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I decided to look for an IH 140 for cultivating and sidedress. I haven't found one yet but need a starting point as to what one would sell for. What would I expect to pay for one in super condition with maybe original paint and low hours with no dents?
How about the same thing in average condition?
There seem to be plenty of these things around. Any info you have would be helpful.

/ IH 140 price info needed #2  
We have one. Cultivator and sidedresser. A tractor of that age, in super condition with original paint, highly unlikely. That would be expensive. We got ours with the two attachments, '67, repainted, some engine work done, for $3750 from a used a equipment dealer. Only one problem I can really point out- steering wheel size. If you are a little plump, it'll be tight. We have an even larger steering wheel on ours. But other than that, they work great!

Kyle

/ IH 140 price info needed #3  
It would be extraordinary to find a low hour clean pristene IH 140, but if you did, figure on more than $3500 just for the tractor. I have seen average running condition tractors sell for $2000-2500. but they will be rusty, have broken lights, crappy seats, nothing that will effect it's doing work, but not pretty. Condition equals money in any equipment.

/ IH 140 price info needed #4  
Did the 140 come in more than one model? Is it an offset or high clearance, or did it come in several configurations?

/ IH 140 price info needed
Did the 140 come in more than one model? Is it an offset or high clearance, or did it come in several configurations?

I have seen those models listied but all I have ever seen in person is only one model: an offset, high clearance.

/ IH 140 price info needed #6  
They were all offset, and are uncommon, not rare, in high clearance.

Kyle

They were all offset, and are uncommon, not rare, in high clearance.

Kyle

By "high clearance" I mean with the kick-up rear axle. Is that what high-clearance means to you? that's the only kind I have ever seen.
The IH 265 high-clearance, for example, has the exact type of kicked-up rear axle as the 140.

/ IH 140 price info needed #8  
By "high clearance" I mean with the kick-up rear axle. Is that what high-clearance means to you? that's the only kind I have ever seen.
The IH 265 high-clearance, for example, has the exact type of kicked-up rear axle as the 140.

The 140 High Clear has 36 inch rear wheels vs the standard 24 in. wheels. It really is higher than the standard offset 140. As was previously posted, is uncommon, but not really rare. If you want a show tractor, the HC is the one to look for, but for a working tractor, get the regular....by the way, if you want 12 volt vs 6 volt, look for a 140 made from about 1970 on...(not sure when they swithed at the factory, but my '74 is 12 volt (generator). Of course, you can convert any 6 volt unit to 12 volt. BobG in VA

/ IH 140 price info needed #9  
I have attached a few images.

This one is the basic tractor configuration- IT IS NOT A HIGH CLEARANCE AS STATED!!!
International Harvester Farmall Hi Clear 140 Antique tractor

This is the high clearance-
Antique Tractors - Show Quality Farmall 140 HC

Those are just some random images. I can get more if you want them.

Kyle

Those are very nice photos.
So there must be three versions--the true Hi-Crop with 36 inch rear wheels and taller front axle, the standard hi-crop with 36 inch rear wheels and standard front end and the regular hi-crop with standard front end and 24 inch rear wheels?