WantedWolf

Gold Member
Tractor
ditch witch 6510
Any info would help.

I am looking at a 1992 DW 6510 Trench/bkhoe 4x4 64hp Deutz Diesel
A615 trenching arm, new rock and frost chain, 18" dig bucket
hydr angle dozer, diesel heated cab, has about 3000hrs

Anyone have one? Recomend or not? anything specific I should look for?

/ Ditch Witch 6510 trencher/backhoe #2  
Can't say anything about that model. I didn't even know they made them with a cab!!!! Mine has the Duetz Diesel and with only a limited amount of use, I'm very impressed with it. I changed the teeth on the chain and it just melts through the ground. Truly impressive!!!

My reason to reply was to just say that Ditch Witch has been very good to deal with. Extremely helpful and informative. They gave me a parts manual for my trencher and have been able to get everything I ask for it in a day or two if they didn't have it in stock. If the dealer in your area is half as good as the one I have here then you can't go wrong with them.

Eddie

/ Ditch Witch 6510 trencher/backhoe
Gotta bump this sorry
I made plans to pick it up tommorow.

Its home! not much, but Ive got my first piece of heavy equiptment for the farm.:D And within the first day a request for its services. This one could pay for itself quickly.

Man can this thing crawl through snow. But the chains need to come off.
I cant find many more with a cab. the diesel cab heater is an aftermarket add on, but works great.

There are 2 small hyd drips below to fix but its really smooth and sounds great
everything works.

I cant really dig holes here in the yard but the BH fliped a round bale with ease.

This will help alot on the farm, a good compliment to a tractor.
heres some pics.

Attachments

• DSC02811.JPG
    DSC02811.JPG
    548.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • DSC02812.JPG
    DSC02812.JPG
    446.6 KB · Views: 816
  • DSC02827.JPG
    DSC02827.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 1,392
  • DSC02813.JPG
    DSC02813.JPG
    504.4 KB · Views: 362
   / Ditch Witch 6510 trencher/backhoe #5  
Good looking machine.

Do you have rocky soil there? Mine came with rock teeth on it, but half were missing and I don't have any rock here. Just allot of clay. All of mine are now clay teeth.

Eddie

Attachments

• Ditch Witch 014 (Small).jpg
    Ditch Witch 014 (Small).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Ditch Witch (Small).jpg
    Ditch Witch (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 469
Good looking machine.

Do you have rocky soil there? Mine came with rock teeth on it, but half were missing and I don't have any rock here. Just allot of clay. All of mine are now clay teeth.

Eddie

Im in the foothills right now, so theres alot of development in the river valley areas. I hope to get in on that alittle in the spring before the move.
But at the farm its swamp country and limestone heaven so I hope it will shine.

I wouldnt think these "?Alligator?" teeth had a full year of service, there were none missing and 6 spares in the cab. I have never used a trencher in frozen ground so im anxious to try but uncertain of that.

What model is yours Eddie?

Have you, or is it okay to dress the sprockets?, Just keep it low temp.
Theres lots of life left, id like to maximize it anyway I can.

I have alot of questions about alot of things:confused: but :D

/ Ditch Witch 6510 trencher/backhoe #7  
Mine is a 3500DD that I bought a few months ago at a local auction. It's in pretty good shape, but I haven't put it to any real use yet. I got it for a good price and hope it will save me allot of money when installing my utilities.

I've rented quite a few machines, but never one with a backhoe on it like yours. This one of mine is a learning experience for me too.

Eddie

Yeah I figure it will be a huge $ and time saver for things like the horse waterer and outdoor hydronic furnace lines etc.

Im going to contact local Ditch Witch dealer tommorow and see what they can do for manuals and filters etc. and maybe a good inperson detailed maintenence lesson.

Are there any good equiptment forums that discuss these, I tried lawnsite but I cant really find how to search the forums

Mine is a 3500DD that I bought a few months ago at a local auction. It's in pretty good shape, but I haven't put it to any real use yet. I got it for a good price and hope it will save me allot of money when installing my utilities.

I've rented quite a few machines, but never one with a backhoe on it like yours. This one of mine is a learning experience for me too.

Eddie

What are you using in the Hyd. resivoir? It calls for 10w gas engine oil. But im not sure whats in it now.

Also with your deutz diesel what engine oil do you use? My manual calls for 10w GAS engine oil there too. That worries me.:eek::confused: