Hesston Tractors

/ Hesston Tractors #1  

Dead Horse

Platinum Member
Who has one? I know JayDavis has a 90 90 DT and I have a 100 90 DT.

I wonder who else has one.

here is are a few pictures of mine.

Attachments

• Christmas  2007 004.jpg
    Christmas 2007 004.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 1,407
  • March 2008 021.jpg
    March 2008 021.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Porsche run 2006 008.jpg
    Porsche run 2006 008.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,348
  • dsc00314(1).jpg
    dsc00314(1).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 981
   / Hesston Tractors #2  
I have one, a 90-90DT as Dead Horse said. I think it is an 86 model. Not too sure on that. The first two pictures were taken before I found where my grandfather hid the front and side panels for the engine compartment.

The last picture is of another Hesston I stumbled upon on one of my motorcycle rides. Saw it in a hay field so thought I'd ride up and take a pic. It has obviously had a hard life. Seems to be a 100-90 as well.

Attachments

• tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 2,579
  • DCP_3830 (Small).jpg
    DCP_3830 (Small).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 926
  • 10-31-08_1328.jpg
    10-31-08_1328.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 2,054
   / Hesston Tractors #3  
How are those tractors on fuel? I've seen a few for sale in my area for what sounded to me like a decent price. How about for reliability?

/ Hesston Tractors
I work mine pretty hard for a weekender. Mowing all summer long, logging for firewood late summer, fall and winter as well as snow removal all winter.

For what it gets done it is cheap to run. It has been very reliable. Has 2350 hours on it and I have replaced a waterpump and an alternator.

I am very happy with it.

I bought a used Farmi 601 and have been logging with it the last two weekends. I it is a perfect match for the tractor.

/ Hesston Tractors #5  
Haven't seen a Hesston tractor for years in my area. Saw a few in the 80's when Hesston stackers, and hay machinery was at its peak in popularity. Where do you go for parts?

/ Hesston Tractors
New Holland dealers have the number cross references.......... it can be a challenge. There are a couple places in Canada that have New Old Stock available.

/ Hesston Tractors #7  
Don't know about down south but they were also sold as Fiat's here.

/ Hesston Tractors #8  
Don't know about down south but they were also sold as Fiat's here.

90-90 and 100-90 are Fiat type designations... The Fiat Winner series was their successor i believe, and the NH TM series has some Winner DNA in it, i've heard.. I'm not 100% sure about this.

But anyways, parts are available, it just may take some time to send them overseas.

/ Hesston Tractors
Yes, FiatAgri is the name under Hesston, on my particular unit. In North America, we can get an aweful lot of parts, almost anything that would be needed from vendors in Canada.

I got a water pump from a place in Vermont, and I had my alternator rebuilt by NAPA. Otherwise the tractor has held up well, knock on wood.

/ Hesston Tractors #10  
You can see in the picture that the front axle under the 100-90 is the same as under the New Holland TM series.