MF 3-pt sicklebar mower

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #1  

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
Got this baby at auction yesterday ($550). 7-ft bar. Appears to be in good shape. ID tag is half-missing so I don't know the model/SN info. Possibly a MF-41. Any thoughts?

DSCF0027Small.jpg

DSCF0025Small.jpg

DSCF0024Small.jpg

DSCF0022Small.jpg

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #2  
Truely a beautiful beastie. Does it work? Never seen the like of it. What angles will it work at.

can you get me one?

Last edited:
   / MF 3-pt sicklebar mower
Truely a beautiful beastie. Does it work? Never seen the like of it. What angles will it work at.

can you get me one?

The sicklebar cutter moves OK. Haven't had a chance to mow with it yet. I'm trying to identify it and order the manuals.

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #4  
I believe you'll like that better than your trailer mower you talked about. The trailer is easier to hook up to, though, so you might like it for short jaunts. A mounted mower makes a more compact rig, lifts higher, fits in the barn better. Just ain't so easy to hook on, if it's anything like my Ford 515.
Nice price, too.
Jim

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #5  
That will look good on your old MF tractor.:D Is that a manual lift bar? I don't see a lift cylinder. If so watch your fingers, the sickle can move in the bar as you lift it.

That will look good on your old MF tractor.:D Is that a manual lift bar? I don't see a lift cylinder. If so watch your fingers, the sickle can move in the bar as you lift it.

No lift cylinder. There is a spring-loaded lift feature on this mower that I think works off the 3pt hitch. When you raise the 3pt, the cutter bar raises to about 45 degree angle for transporting. When you lower the 3pt, the bar drops into the horizontal cutting position.

It's similar to the way my Allis Chalmers trailer type sickle bar mower works with its lift cylinder.

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #7  
What ya got there is a Massey Ferguson #41 DynaBalance mower. Thet were made by Vermeer for MF. Really good mower. Only down side is parts support is somewhat limited on that mower. Watch out for letting bar bounce when lowered into mowing position. Excessive bouncing twist's frame causing belt to wear fast or jump off pulleys.

What ya got there is a Massey Ferguson #41 DynaBalance mower. Thet were made by Vermeer for MF. Really good mower. Only down side is parts support is somewhat limited on that mower. Watch out for letting bar bounce when lowered into mowing position. Excessive bouncing twist's frame causing belt to wear fast or jump off pulleys.

FWJ: thanks for the info and the heads up on the bouncing.

/ MF 3-pt sicklebar mower #9  
The N Tractor Club web site has the operator's manual for MF 41 mower if you would like to have a look.

The N Tractor Club web site has the operator's manual for MF 41 mower if you would like to have a look.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.