Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #1  

tconnors

Houston Texas, farm is about 70 miles from my home
Tractor
JD 5603, Massey Ferguson 135, JD XUV Gator
I have this baler and have used only the normal Edge to Edge type net wrap, but I understand that I can use the John Deere Cover Edge type net as well.

Anybody have any experience with this wrap and how well it works on this baler.

I also have never put anything but the 9840 ft wrap, but all I can find at my local Deer dealer is I believe over 11,000 ft. Not sure if the roll will even fit in my baler.

Anybody that can give a bit of advise on this before I spend $350 for something that won't work would be appreciated.

Terry

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #2  
I have not run a Vermeer with net myself, but I have never seen anybody use coveredge wrap in a Vermeer, only the edge to edge style.

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net
Me as well, but my dealer says it will use it just fine. Not a lot of Rebel users around me, mostly the larger balers.

Thanks for the comment though.

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #4  
Will a 52" roll of net fit in the machine?
Is the knife long enough to cut 52" of net?
If no to either question, for sure it isn't going to work.

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #5  
I have this baler and have used only the normal Edge to Edge type net wrap, but I understand that I can use the John Deere Cover Edge type net as well.

Anybody have any experience with this wrap and how well it works on this baler.

I also have never put anything but the 9840 ft wrap, but all I can find at my local Deer dealer is I believe over 11,000 ft. Not sure if the roll will even fit in my baler.

Anybody that can give a bit of advise on this before I spend $350 for something that won't work would be appreciated.

Terry
The product name "Over The Edge Netwrap" is a registered trademark for John Deere and is made by Tama in Israel. The same product using as different name is available from other Netwrap manufacturers.
Basically if the net roll fits in a Vermeer Rebel 5410 or M series baler it will work fine. The JD Over the Edge Netwrap works fine in the Vermeer Rebel 5410 balers.

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #6  
Thanks for the info CCI.

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net
Interestingly enough, during the last week I had a courtesy call from Vermeer since I am coming up on a year since I purchased this baler.

The lady was very nice and asked if I had any unresolved questions or problems. I asked her about the larger roll fitting in my baler as well as confirming that "Cover Edge" would indeed work.

She checked with someone in the factory and called me back to tell me both were fine. The baler will have no trouble accepting the 11,000 ft length and the 51" "Cover Edge" will also work fine.

Next net wrap I purchased I think I will try it.

CCI: Do you have any suggestions for manufacturer's other than Tama who manufactures for John Deere?

Regards,
Terry

/ Vermeer 5410 Using Cover Edge Net #8  
Interestingly enough, during the last week I had a courtesy call from Vermeer since I am coming up on a year since I purchased this baler.

The lady was very nice and asked if I had any unresolved questions or problems. I asked her about the larger roll fitting in my baler as well as confirming that "Cover Edge" would indeed work.

She checked with someone in the factory and called me back to tell me both were fine. The baler will have no trouble accepting the 11,000 ft length and the 51" "Cover Edge" will also work fine.

Next net wrap I purchased I think I will try it.

CCI: Do you have any suggestions for manufacturer's other than Tama who manufactures for John Deere?

Regards,
Terry
There are only about 5 manufacturers selling Netwrap in the USA. So that means the 30+ brands being sold in the the USA are made by some of the same people. The PGI people moved most of their manufacturing to Greece.