Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring.

/ Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring. #1  

baronthered

Tractor
Ford 3930 tractor, Ford 801 powermaster, D6C caterpillar dozer/crawler
Any one have any info or diagrams on the injector pump on this thing? It's leaking fuel into the oil and I dont know which seals to change out to stop it. I also need to re-wire the old girl and if anyone has any wiring diagrams that would help too.Thanks in advance.

/ Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring. #2  
I have manuals from owning an 841D but they're 150 miles and two weeks away. Look here: Stanadyne Roosa Master for some pump help and google "Roosa-Master" for more.

I had problems with mine, a sticking metering rod that wouldn't allow start sometimes & flooded the crankcase twice. This was at the beginning of the low sulfur deal. An injector shop advised using Power Service double dose to clean & lubricate the pump, which worked. The other option was to bring it to him, he'd rebuild it for about $400, and I'd still have to use the PS. When I got fuel in the oil it was from not leaving the throttle lever in the full off position. I'd shut it off then pull the laever back a bit trying to avoid the stuck closed metering rod. MikeD74T

/ Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring.
Thanks for the info mike. this little gem was my father in laws and I'm trying to get the old girl back together bit by bit.

/ Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring. #4  
If you're contemplating doing your own work or just want to know what's what, look up this manual "110398417764" or "360159958854" on EBAY. Very comprehensive, both shop & parts available togeather or seperately. I don't recommend the IT manuals, they lack detail. Search for Ford 801 on ebay for more. I have the operators manual, just as a collectible, not much there either. MikeD74T

/ Ford 801 powermaster Injector pump and wiring.
thanks again Mike. I'll definitely have a look. I am doing things myself and over time I've found it's usefull to read the directions so I don't have parts left over :rolleyes: