Default Heesto 5600

I have a Hesston 5600 baler. I want to know if it can be modified in anyway to do baleage? I just bought new belts for it with the chevron patterns on them for extra grip. Last season if the bales were not conpletely dry, they would get stuck and stop rolling in the baler.
    What is the difference between my old baler and a newer silage model?
    I have been thinking of selling it and getting a smaller baler that may make making silage easier.

Tractor
    MF 596 , MF 4243, MF 1433V, D4H, D3C

Default Re: Heesto 5600

I'm not real familiar with the differences in silage balers, they was a discussion a few weeks ago in this forum about them a little bit. You "might" be able to use you current baler if you made smaller bales, but I would think that if you are going to do much of it you would be better off getting a smaller baler set up for it from the start rather attempting to retrofit an older unit.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
    Will Rogers

The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale and pays the freight both ways.
    John F. Kennedy