vermeer 5410 rebel

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
I am looking around a round balers and I would like one with net wrap I was wondering if anybody heard any good or bad things about them. I noticed that they are alot cheaper than most others, and what is a good used price for a used or new with net wrap 4by5 ?

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #2  
I am looking around a round balers and I would like one with net wrap I was wondering if anybody heard any good or bad things about them. I noticed that they are alot cheaper than most others, and what is a good used price for a used or new with net wrap 4by5 ?
The Vermeer 5410 balers are in their 2nd full season of full distribution. Most customers trade one owner balers in the 5-12 year range. It is unlikely you would have a big selection of used Vermeer 5410 balers. It does happen but I just wanted you to know what to expect your selection of used Vermeer 5410 balers would be.

If you would visit Pella, Iowa you would see John Deere and Caterpillar units and parts rolling off the Vermeer mile. John Deere has been out-sourcing many items at Vermeer for 35+ years. Just compare the JD 458 Standard round baler weight to the Vermeer 5410 round baler. JD459= 3710 Lbs. Vermeer 5410= 4700 Lbs. Vermeer makes great products that are made to last and you can purchase them at affordable prices.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #3  
I've got a friend with one and I've used it when I needed a round baler. It's a great baler. I usually square bale, but if I needed rounds on a regular basis I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 5410.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel
what would a new vermeer 5410 with netwrap and just the had controller to operate the netwrap instead of the computer run CCI?

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #5  
I bought a new rebel about 6 years ago. I'm in the 10000 roll range with no breakage. Great balers at an affordable price. I like the net wrap and wish mine had it sometimes but just can't justify spending the money it would take to upgrade to a new baler. I paid $12500 for mine in a package deal. I'm sure they are higher now.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #6  
I paid $12500 for mine in a package deal. I'm sure they are higher now.

You got a great deal! I just priced one about a month ago with netwrap and the other doodads. Priced out a bit over $20K. That's when I decided to continue square baling and borrowing when I needed to do rounds.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #7  
I bought a new one one last August with netwrap, bale kicker ramps and gathering wheels for $16,800.00. It has worked well for me.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #8  
I bought a new one one last August with net wrap, bale kicker ramps and gathering wheels for $16,800.00. It has worked well for me.
The current Vermeer dealer cost is considerably more than you paid for your Vermeer 5410 baler with Net wrap. You likely purchased a baler from the winter 2007 program which could have been delivered to the dealer in late spring of 2008. The round balers went up 18% between that 2007 program and the current price. This is quite a shock in the price increase given the current cattle prices.

/ vermeer 5410 rebel #9  
I bought a new rebel about 6 years ago. I'm in the 10000 roll range with no breakage. Great balers at an affordable price. I like the net wrap and wish mine had it sometimes but just can't justify spending the money it would take to upgrade to a new baler. I paid $12500 for mine in a package deal. I'm sure they are higher now.
You have a 5400 Rebel baler and that was the going price 6 years ago but the 5410 Rebel weights 600 Lbs more and has more features than the 5400. Both models are great balers but the all the new features do cost more money and the balers have increased in price.