IH 2444 Transmission

/ IH 2444 Transmission #1  

chuckp

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC35D, IH2444, 9N
I own an IH 2444 Tractor that has been giving me some problems with the Transmission. The Transmission has 4 forward and 1 reverse speed in two ranges, high and low. The low range works fine, however, when the high range is selected the lever jumps back into neutral. All speeds work in both ranges, but you have to hold the lever in high range to use it. I usually do my own maintenance, but, I kind of dread if I have to remove the transmission. Any help on what to do would be appreciated.

/ IH 2444 Transmission
Additional Info; This Tractor is the same as the IH444. The 2444 is the industrial version with heavier hydraulics.

/ IH 2444 Transmission #3  
chuckp, I'm surprised that it's been two days and no one's had an answer. Wish I could help, but that's one I know nothing about./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ IH 2444 Transmission
Thanks Bird. I don't suppose there are many Tractor Mechanics to visit the site. By the way I'm about 60 Miles north of you on Hwy 34.

Chuck

/ IH 2444 Transmission #5  
Chuck, if you're that close, then it's too hot and dry to use a tractor anyway for awhile (or to work on one)./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ IH 2444 Transmission #6  
READ YOUR PROBLEM PULL TOP COVER OFF CK FORK FOR WEAR CK FOR LOOSE PINS OR BOLTS THAT SECURE FORK TO SHAFTCK FRO WORN FORK WORN SLIDING CLUTCH WORN ENGAGEMENY ON HI SPEED GEAR& SLIDECLUTCH YES YOU WILL HAVE TO SEPARATE TRANS BLOCK IT UP WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PRBLEMS