MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #1  

trailtec

Tractor
M6800 Kubota
Hello, I am now looking at new round balers and have found 2 that I like they are new and both make a 4widex5tall bale, my question is which baler would you all select, here is the deal that I am offered, A Vemeer 5410 Rebel with hay saver wheels and 36 months 0 interest for 15500. Or a MF-Hesston with hay saver wheels for the very same deal, could someone help me decide which of the 2 balers to buy, I have never baled with anything but a new idea and a new holland, I just want to pick the one that bales the best and last the longest. Thanks for any help anyone might give.
Trailtec

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #2  
Both good balers! Think about how close the dealers are and which dealer you like best. Which dealer is more likely to be in business in 5 years? Which stocks the most parts? Would either budge a few hundred dollars to make the deal?

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410
Both of the balers are sold by the same dealer.
Trailtec

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #4  
I just priced a MF/Hesston 1745 in North Texas. Best they would do is $17,495. This was twine-tie, hay saver wheels, and bale ramp.
Sounds like a good price. As far as which one to choose, others here will have more experience and may guide you.

I ended up buying a used Vermeer 605XL which makes a 5 X 6 bale.

Be sure to post which one you choose (and why). Good luck...

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #5  
I have used both balers and they are both good. The only advantage is the 5410 has the capability to have net wrap added at a later time the 1745 does not. Other than that I can't see much if any difference between them. They both do a real good job. When I purchase a new round baler it will be one of these two. Both of your picks are sold by the same dealer so it's not pick a dealer. Ask to demo both balers in the same field the same day, pick the baler that YOU like the best! Best of luck, and please keep us informed. scrapironford

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #6  
I have a 5410 and really like it and I know several people who have the 1745 and it does a great job, too.

Sounds like a win-win, especially at those prices.

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #7  
I don't know about the 1745, but have a 5410 and really like it. Vermeer has an 800 # that you can call during the week and speak to a factory technician if you have a problem. They are extremely knowledgable and will walk you through any problems you may be having free of charge. They also performed free updates on the baler.

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #8  
I have a Vermeer Rebel and have had no problems. Had mine just over 5 years.

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #9  
Either machine should be great. With the dealer losses in my area, if I was currently buying I would look at who has other dealers in the my area also, not just that there is this one dealer. I run a MF2746A and it is a great baler, quite a bit more machine than the 1700 series. I have a nieghbor with the 1745 and the only trouble he has had is from not reading the owners manual before trying to adjust the net wrap;)(which he had loaded wrong and didn't need adjusting anyway:eek:).
My personal preference if I was planning on using the machine very much at all would be to get one with net. Resale is also much better on net equipped balers than for string only machines.

/ MF 1745 or Vemeer 5410 #10  
Either machine should be great. With the dealer losses in my area, if I was currently buying I would look at who has other dealers in the my area also, not just that there is this one dealer. I run a MF2746A and it is a great baler, quite a bit more machine than the 1700 series. I have a neighbor with the 1745 and the only trouble he has had is from not reading the owners manual before trying to adjust the net wrap;)(which he had loaded wrong and didn't need adjusting anyway:eek:).
My personal preference if I was planning on using the machine very much at all would be to get one with net. Resale is also much better on net equipped balers than for string only machines.
In the 5x4 market netwrap balers are less than 20% of the market. Having netwrap is not much of an issue in used 5x4 round balers.