Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
I cannot get all the tools I want to carry with me in a standard across the bed tool box in my farm truck. I am thinking of getting a couple of RK side boxes. I have some on another truck used exclusively for my "real job" My question is, can I still pull a gooseneck trailer without damaging the side boxes if I cross a ditch or uneven ground. Can the tongue be raised enought to make it practical to pull the trailer with the side boxes on the truck?

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #2  
If you get side boxes you can probably tow the gooseneck in a straight line but won't be able to make turns. I don't think raising the tongue pin will help clear the side boxes when trying to turn. However, you can buy side boxes for a gooseneck trailer. They mount just under the deck on each side and can be used for tools, chains, etc.

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #3  
I wouldn't try with side box's that sit on the sides of the rails.

What about wheel well boxes?

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck
I dont know about wheel well boxes. Who makes them and where can I see some pics. thanks

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #5  
I have 1 side box on my f250 and don't have an issue. I only have one GN trailer and the front frame is fairly high. May depend on the design of the trailer. Measured my side box (Delta PRO) and it measure 5.5" tall.
However, there are some boxes that sit high on the sides and those could be an issue. Mine set over the fender wells and sit 5.5" higher than the side rails.

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #6  
have you thought of mounting a tool box on the front of your goose neck trailer, just behind the hitch?

/ Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #7  
   / Pulling a Goose Neck trailer with side boxes on truck #8  
If you have a situation where you turn into a pasture or somewhere and have a small ditch or depression in the turn....something is going to hit.