Blue book for Farm machinery

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #1  

BryanM

Gold Member
Tractor
John deere 2155, ford 1600
Just wondering if their is a blue book or appraisal book for farm machinery? By machinery I mean tractors, haybines rakes etc...?

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #2  
Here are a few I know of, most deal more with "powered" equipment. Most non-powered equipment it's more about the condition of the equipment, no motor and trans to wear out. There is also auction results news letter a friend of mine got in years gone by, but I know he doesn't remember where he got it due to I asked him a few months ago.

Successful Farming Books

Farm Equipment Blue Book Value & Buyers Guide, Used Tractors, ATVs & More - IRON Guides

Appraise New & Used Equipment ? Used tractor values & equipment blue book values at IRONsearch.com

Machinery Pete - The Online Guide to Farm Auction Equipment and Results

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #3  
Just wondering if their is a blue book or appraisal book for farm machinery? By machinery I mean tractors, haybines rakes etc...?

There's the Official Tractor Blue Book for tractors
and the Rust Book for tractors and implements.

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #4  
There's the Official Tractor Blue Book for tractors
and the Rust Book for tractors and implements.

Honestly, there is no blue book in the tractor industry. They always value a tractor to high or to low. The best thing for getting a close figure on a tractor's value is by going to farm machinery auctions.

I had to bail a dealer out on his used tractors last year, and he based all his trade in values on the "blue book". After the deal was completed that book only cost him $40,000.00 Thats an expensive book:D

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #5  
I have used the Ritchie Bros. site to look at their auction results. You can search the auction's for a specific machine and review the prices for a number of year's if you want. (I generally only go back a year or two...)

Here ya go: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers - Unreserved Equipment Auctions

There's no fee to join and no cost to do a search.

AKfish

/ Blue book for Farm machinery #6  
And don't forget that prices are regional as well. Some models are in high demand in certain areas, dealer support plays in too.