IHC 424 3 Pt Won't Work after Hydraulic Filter Change

/ IHC 424 3 Pt Won't Work after Hydraulic Filter Change #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
I drained my hydraulic oil and cleaned the screen/filter on my 424, but after refilling it the 3 point hitch doesn't move. Moving the lift lever or the draft control levers have no control of the hitch. I can grab the 3 pt arms (while engine is running) and lift them all the way up its like some linkage is disconnected. The power steering works fine so the hydraulic pump is working.

Anyone have a good starting point on trouble shooting this?

/ IHC 424 3 Pt Won't Work after Hydraulic Filter Change
I popped the cap off the pressure line tee where it connects into the flow divider that separates the power steering from the 3 pt hydraulics and it shot oil out after a second or so,

Can the flow divider that separates the power steering from the 3 pt hydraulics stick?

I had very little flow out the orifice valve screen port when running and none out the auxiliary port.

I popped the cap off the pressure line tee where it connects into the flow divider that separates the power steering from the 3 pt hydraulics and it shot oil out after a second or so,

Can the flow divider that separates the power steering from the 3 pt hydraulics stick?

I had very little flow out the orifice valve screen port when running and none out the auxiliary port.

Well today a bleed it somemore (more like took a hydraulics shower :mad:) at the flow divider and it started working. :thumbsup:

/ IHC 424 3 Pt Won't Work after Hydraulic Filter Change #4  
I could have sworn I replied to this question... Then I realized it was on another forum...

Guess I'm not losing it after all..!! Well, at least completely....

/ IHC 424 3 Pt Won't Work after Hydraulic Filter Change #5  
I've never had to do that or known anyone to have to do that on that model. On other tractors normally when that type stuff starts happening you might not be to far away of a pump replacement.

I've never had to do that or known anyone to have to do that on that model. On other tractors normally when that type stuff starts happening you might not be to far away of a pump replacement.

I would not disagree with you at, but hopefuelly it lasts a while no more than I'll be using it.