Hay Guru's I need some advice!!

/ Hay Guru's I need some advice!! #31  
Why do you stack the hay in a kicker wagon?
So that we can get 150 bales in it instead of 120 and so that we don't have to worry about it falling out if we go down the road with it. Our fields are each about 2 (stacked) wagonloads for first cutting and a 1-1.5 loads for the second cutting.

If we just have a little left (like yesterday) we will just use the kicker. For example, yesterday, we had a wagon with 150 bales and one with 124 that we sold to a lady down the road. That left 3 rows to be baled which I baled into the wagon without anyone stacking them (68 bales).

Aaron Z

/ Hay Guru's I need some advice!! #32  
well I mad all tines vertical and cut a few tines down so they would all be aprox same length. the only thing I could try it on is some raked hay and I am not sure that was a fair test. My rake is a side delivery rake and ropes the hay so when you go over it it somewhat clumps. although trying it 2-3 times it seems too be better.

To get the true test I will have too wait til next cutting when the hay is in swaths.

I would like too get everyones take though on when too tedd how many times? when they rake? when they bale?

Have you tried this yet on mowed hay and if so, how did you make out?

/ Hay Guru's I need some advice!!
yep I sure did. second cutting was thin but since I made those adjustments and made sure my pto speed was up it spread out the very nice! Although for some reason I am still concerned with getting the hay dry, meaning I think My tester is throwing me off! read my other post and tell me what you think!:thumbsup: