NH 648 Round Baler

/ NH 648 Round Baler #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
What is a reasonable price on a NH 648 in great shape. Also has anybody had good luck with them and problems with them.

/ NH 648 Round Baler #2  
Not enough info to provide a meaningful answer. Location is #1; 4x5 balers are very popular in the Northeast, other areas not so much. Silage Special? AutoWrap or Bale Command Plus? Net or twine only? Wide pickup? Ganeral condition including belts? Private sale, or dealer sale with some warranty?

A 648 in good condition can be a very good roound baler.

/ NH 648 Round Baler
I live in Wv they are asking $11,500 it has auto wrap on it extra wide pick up belt look to be in great shape , it has only twine on it a dealer has it also.
That was also a question I had what is the difference between auto wrap and sliage speical ?

/ NH 648 Round Baler #4  
I live in Wv they are asking $11,500 it has auto wrap on it extra wide pick up belt look to be in great shape , it has only twine on it a dealer has it also.
That was also a question I had what is the difference between auto wrap and sliage speical ?

Based on your description, I'd say the baler is priced fairly. Not dirt cheap, but fair. Autowrap is a tying system, Silage Special balers have endless belt construction, roll scrapers, and some other parts & pieces that make a baler more suitable for baleage production. They are separate and distinct options, you can have either without the other.

/ NH 648 Round Baler #5  
i would check the gears on the roller for wear them five gears can get expensive to change and check all the chains and gears on them

/ NH 648 Round Baler
ok thanks for all the info

/ NH 648 Round Baler #7  
I just bought a 2001 648 from a farmer for $8900. He swears by them actually owns 3. This one has baled maybe 3000 bales and is excellent shape. Most I have seen on the internet were from $11-15,000.