Hyd Accumilator

/ Hyd Accumilator #1  

Graper00

I have a JD 300B industrial tractor that has a tall skinny thing that is connected to hyd system. A friend told me it was an accumilator. What is it's purpose? Whats inside of it? Filter?

/ Hyd Accumilator #2  
If it is an accumulator, then it would be a pressure storage device (to maintain pressure consistency). By the description, it sounds very plausible, a capped standpipe. I would not expect to find a filter inside one.

/ Hyd Accumilator #3  
If i remember hydraulics correctly it will have a bladder inside and will absorb pressure spikes. In high presssure water systems it prevents water hammer. The bladder is precharged to some small value and acts like a shock absorber.
Hope this is correct and helps
Greg H

/ Hyd Accumilator #4  
Roy, now let me see, to put this in terms Ol' Harv 'll bite on, the Hydraulic Accumulater serves the same purpose to the Hydraulic "SYSTEM" that a UPS does to a computer network. It absorbs the Highs and Lows, providing an even input of 'juice' to prevent damage to components subject to sudden changes in 'input'.

/ Hyd Accumilator #5  
Hey, even us computer illiterates can understand that, Scruffy./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Hyd Accumilator #6  
Bird, I just wanted to make sure Ol' Harv had it in computereze! :eek:) T'iz fun to yank his chain a wee bit, just as I am sure if it was in machine language, he would have it down pat in a nano-second!
Is the Hydraulic Accumilator specific on all tractors, or just a few models? If just a few, models, why?

/ Hyd Accumilator #7  
Scruffy, a hydraulic accumulator is something I hadn't even heard of before. In other words, I really haven't the foggiest notion, except that if my Kubota has one, I've never seen it. However, my service manual describes a "Shockless Mechanism" that is "intended to reduce a sudden change of the oil pressure and flow when the three point linkage system begins to going up or stop going up. As a result, operator does not feel the unpleasant shock." It does it by a spool (valve?) and says "A small amount of oil is kept constantly flowing from the pump through the slit into the cylinder port." So my wild guess would be that some tractors have a hydraulic accumulator and others have a different mechanism to accomplish the same purpose. Does that make sense?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Hyd Accumilator #8  
A hyd accumulator in my field(plastics machinery)is used for speed,I have not seen them in use on a tractor but I would think it does the same,i.e. speed of loader 3point or other equiptment.just a thought Tom

/ Hyd Accumilator #10  
Ok, I'm a little familiar with these accumulators. They're basically an energy storage device. I don't think they're so much designed to take spikes in pressure but act more like the tank on your well out at the camp house. The idea is that you have a large volume of stored energy inside, so if you need fast cycle times on a hydraulic cylinder, you have all this pressurized fluid available. The accumulator can provide a large volume of pressurized fluid to your loader or other cylinder in a short time, (more gallons per minute). This way you don't need a huge pump for a cylinder that is cycled intermittantly.

Hope this helps.

Boots