Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help?

/ Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help? #1  

wilsonbus

Tractor
Ford 1700
:(The tractor stalls when the clutch is let out, even with the gearbox in neutral.
What may be the cause? It just had a new clutch installed, it was doing this before. Anyone else have this problem? I was mowing and it just stalled, turned off the pto and put it in neutral and it stalled when the clutch was released.

Fred

Last edited:
   / Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help? #2  
Seat, parking brake, cruise control switches need to be checked. It probably thinks you are not 'safe'.

/ Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help? #3  
I am assuming here you're trying to release the clutch with no implement engaged? If you let the clutch out with a forward gear selected, does the tractor lurch forward a bit before stalling? And does it do the same in neutral gear? Trying to tell if it somehow got into two gears at once.
However, sounds like the PTO is where the resistance is. I don't know - does this have an internal overrunning clutch? Maybe parts of it jammed?
Who did the clutch job? Why? Is it a two-stage clutch?
When it stalled when you were mowing, was it from too much load/speed for the power? Or were you just mowing along and something mechanical failed to overload the engine? Need a bit more to go on.
Might want to try this in the New Holland section.
Jim

/ Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help?
The clutch was installed by New Holland dealer, don't know what kind, the tractor stalled while mowing,:confused: like something mechanical happened to stall out engine. I had it in 4-wheel drive at the time, I mowed yesterday with it in 2 W/D and it did not stall out.

/ Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help? #5  
The clutch was installed by New Holland dealer, don't know what kind, the tractor stalled while mowing,:confused: like something mechanical happened to stall out engine. I had it in 4-wheel drive at the time, I mowed yesterday with it in 2 W/D and it did not stall out.

Sounds like you narrowed that problem down some..

/ Ford 1700 engine stalls when clutch is let out Can anyone help?
Thanks for the help.

Fred