Looking for new discbine

/ Looking for new discbine #1  

Jd6403

Tractor
John Deere 6403
We have been looking for a new cutter for awhile and i have narrowed it done to a John Deere 535 or a New Holland H7230. We have 2 50 acre hayfields that we cut for our self and they are mostly coastal with some bahia. Our tractor we cut with is a 6403- 85pto horsepower and i would like to know if there is a cutter that is any bigger then these that can handle our crops and our tractor can handle it.. Discbine or Haybine.. But would like some good input on these two discbines first.

Thanks

/ Looking for new discbine #2  
Over here, they use 2.80 or 3 meter discbines (or mower-conditoners as wel call them on this side of the Pond) on 100hp tractors. These are 95% 3pt hitch machines.

Problem with light frame tractors and 3pt hitch mowers is that the torsion bar connecting both lift arms, on top of the transmission, sometimes snaps due to the offset weight. Your 6000 series wont have this problem. However, i think most machines they sell in the USA are trailed anyways... Better when going uphill: When using our 2 meter Krone on my 1700kg 3011 the front end gets pulled aside by the mower. Maybe it gets better with my new front tires... :)

There are a lot more on the market, Kuhn, Kverneland, Stoll-JF, Pottinger... Here, Deere mowers are only bought by colour blind JD people, and often only once... They used to build a way better mower when they bought the mowing beam/gearcase from Kuhn... :)

/ Looking for new discbine #3  
Here in central Ky, the New Idea reigns King in the discbines. Ken Sweet

/ Looking for new discbine #4  
We have been looking for a new cutter for awhile and i have narrowed it done to a John Deere 535 or a New Holland H7230. We have 2 50 acre hayfields that we cut for our self and they are mostly coastal with some bahia. Our tractor we cut with is a 6403- 85pto horsepower and i would like to know if there is a cutter that is any bigger then these that can handle our crops and our tractor can handle it.. Discbine or Haybine.. But would like some good input on these two discbines first.

Thanks

I think your tractor may struggle a little with 535 machine. We have a 95 HP tractor with 9' deere, the 535 is I believe an 11'. You can always go a little slower to mow, but starting a disk mower can take some power. We have had a Deere disk mower for 9 years now and it's been a solid machine.
Around here it see like there is at least 1 Deere for every other machine out there, they seem to be the most popular machine around here. I think most are solid machines, any of the major brands anyway. I know many with Deere, my wifes uncle has New Idea, and I know I few New Hollands. My wifes uncle the 1st season out the frame broke on the New Idea, had a hard time getting it replaced, they finally did. The replacment has been a good machine. The 2 Farmers with New Hollands I know have had issues with there machines. I would not use them to say that New Hollands are bad, due to both these farmers are hard on machinery. Seems everything they have breaks.

/ Looking for new discbine #5  
Hahaha some guy's can break a sherman tank:laughing::laughing:

Jon

/ Looking for new discbine #7  
Did New Idea become Massey Ferguson or get merged into Hesston?

It seems I read a while ago AGCO was doing away with the brand.

/ Looking for new discbine #8  
Did New Idea become Massey Ferguson or get merged into Hesston?

It seems I read a while ago AGCO was doing away with the brand.

NI, MF and Hesston are all AGCO brands. The NI discbine are now labeled MF.

/ Looking for new discbine #9  
NI, MF and Hesston are all AGCO brands. The NI discbine are now labeled MF.

I knew they were all AGCO brands, I just haven't seen New Idea and remember reading AGCO was going to trim its names. AGCO Allis, AGCO White, and a few others have already been eliminated here in the states.

/ Looking for new discbine #10  
Just curious. Why do you need a mower-conditioner?
There's a long list of equipment that I would like to have for my farm, but a mo-co is not on the list. (I have 60 acres of bermuda/bahaia hay meadows) Nobody around here uses a mo-co. With summertime temperatures that average close to 100 degrees and 14-15 hours of sunshine, I would think that a conditioner would just add cost and would slow the cutting process.

As far as a rotary disc mower, I have a Kuhn GMD 600 and a JD 265. (same mower, different paint job) Both are 6 disc, or 8' mowers.