Mahindra 8560 Tractor

/ Mahindra 8560 Tractor #1  

bevington22

Tractor
New Holland TD5050
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a new tractor. I operate a small farm ( as a hobby and secondary income source ) in South Western PA. Mostly Hay Production and Pasture Maintenance on our 100 acres. I am upgrading from my Case 1210 around 68 horse due to the fact I need a large loader tractor and a comfortable cab.

I have thoroughly looked into John Deere and New Holland and then stumbled on the Mahindra 8560. The pricing is certainly a plus, but how about performance, stability ( we have a lot of hills in this part of the country), and comforts of this model. Any input would be appreciated.
bevington22

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 8560 Tractor #2  
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a new tractor. I operate a small farm ( as a hobby and secondary income source ) in South Western PA. Mostly Hay Production and Pasture Maintenance on our 100 acres. I am upgrading from my Case 1210 around 68 horse due to the fact I need a large loader tractor and a comfortable cab.

I have thoroughly looked into John Deere and New Holland and then stumbled on the Mahindra 8560. The pricing is certainly a plus, but how about performance, stability ( we have a lot of hills in this part of the country), and comforts of this model. Any input would be appreciated.
bevington22

I've had a Mahindra 6000 and loved it. How are the pricing the 8560 cabs?

/ Mahindra 8560 Tractor
I just got a verbal dealer quote with loader around $37K

/ Mahindra 8560 Tractor #4  
Heres two links in reference to the Mahindra 8560. I looked at several different tractors before I bought the 8560. The price is "easier" to swallow than the comparable big three. I went back and forth about the cab but never could justify the added expense. I went with the 4wd and would highly recommend it. There is no lack of power in the tractor and as of yet i am highly impressed with the tractor with only 30hrs on it. In reference to the hay production the tractor has a reverseable 540/1000 pto that allows you more lattitude in agricultural equipment (mowers/balers) and from what ive seen you can usually get a better pricing on a comparable 1000 vs 540pto attachments. As far as stability if you will look at the specs on the comparable big three the mahindra weighs more which is a plus when you get into bigger attachements. My farm has alot of hills and i have gotten into some steep inclines when I was moving dirt around my lake and It has always been stable and all 4 wheels stayed on the ground. Ive had tractors in the past that the wheel has lifted off the ground on an incline when in a bind. So far so good. Id say as long as you use caution and dont act crazy on the tractor you should be fine.

I wish you luck in your search and hope you pick the tractor that meets your needs the best. There are alot of opinions on here but what it came down to with me was all that comparable tractors are outsorced overseas, and Im not gonna buy a tractor just based on a name. The mahindra is a quality product, and i cannot justify spending 6-9g more for a big three name that is not necessarly a better product. That extra cash will pay for your cab!... Anyways..... Hope this was helpful and happy hunting....

btw you can get on the mahindra website and compare the big three heres the link to that comparsion Farm tractors for Ag Farmers, Hobby Farmers - Sub Compact, Compact & Full Size 2WD & 4WD Utility Tractors

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/182247-westendorff-canopy.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/178755-mahindra-8560-a.html

/ Mahindra 8560 Tractor #5  
I just got a verbal dealer quote with loader around $37K

$37000 for a new Mahindra 8560 cab? That would be a smokin hot deal!
I have 3 Mahindras. Run a 172 acre poultry farm. We also have cattle and goats. Do between 100-200 4x4 rolls and a few squares every year. I like all my Mahindra's. 3316,6000, and 7010. Actually been kicking around buying an 8560 cab. Just can't really justify it with the 7010. You can pay more but I don't think you really get a better tractor.