Looking for hay Equipment advice

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #11  
G'day definately the NH baler great for parts and quite a few aftermarket parts avail, drum mower easier and quicker to operate than a sickle bar and as said a NH side delivery rake almost bulletproof

Jon

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #12  
I'm in Wharton and have a NH 56 that I just put some work into. The hubs and driveline and gear box all cleaned and relubed. New dogs in the hubs New shear bolts pins and cotters, all factory. rebuilt the clutch cable not stock but works. left tire is almost new left hub is only prob. has one stripped hole and two bolts require lock washers but unit works. 5 tines busted 95 left. I got ripped and paid like $1450 for it. would let it go for less.

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #13  
I have a New Holland 268 baler for sale it is rusty but it works and I will guarantee it to work. Also have a sickle mower that I might sale and also I know where a rake is and I am going to look at it. I live over here in Carthage and if you are interested you can call me at 903-692-0016 or e-mail me at tomross282@gmaildotcom

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #14  
hi
I was curious about you bale accumulator, can you give me more info and some other pictures. How does it work? I'm getting a little old to throw the bales around and any help would be appreciated.
Dave

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #15  
Lots of great ideas.
This is not what I have but would recommend it.

Hesston 530 ( or similiar several brands sold the same baler) hay roller makes 39 by 48 or so roll. Can be one set of remotes requires about 40 hp and at least one set of remotes to open the door. Drum mower 6 ft or so. Wheel rake 8 or 10 wheels.
Money 800 to 2500 for a good 3 by 4 baler with low use and less than 10 years old. Drum mower 800 to 2500 used. Wheel rake 500 to 1500 ready to use.
Friend there is a depression and lots of folk want to sell.

Im not a fan of 30 plus year old equipment that you need to rebuild to use. Leave the retiree restoration projects to the retirees.
Buy something that will work.

/ Looking for hay Equipment advice #16  
Does anyone know anything about a HESSTON 1275 swather, and their reliability? I am looking at a 2003 model.

Last edited: