Mahindra 2615 4WD

/ Mahindra 2615 4WD #1  

clarkc58

Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Two years ago I bought a Mahindra 2615 4WD Tractor. Until earlier this year I have had no complaints with it. Earlier this year I suddenly lost power with the drive train and had to wait for it to basically build up steam to take off. I took it into the dealership where I bought it and they indicated the clutch needed to be adjusted, which they did. About 6 weeks ago the tractor started doing it again so I took it back in. The dealership indicates I need a new dual clutch to the tune of $2800. Tractor was the demo when I bought it and had 75 hours on it. It now has 156 hours. Main use is mowing our field with some box blade work and a small amount of bucket work. I have worked tractors for years and a clutch in cars for almost as long, my old 1955 ford tractor never even sputtered.

Questions I have:
1. Anyone else have clutch problems with Mahindra Tractors?
2. Are Mahindra Parts inferior?
3. Should the local dealership stand behind this rather than telling me its a "wear part" therefore my responsibility even though they put half the hours on it?
4. Is this something I should just write off as experience, pay it, sell it, and get another tractor before the next $3000 bill rolls in?

Open for suggestions and ideas on this one...

Thanks

/ Mahindra 2615 4WD #2  
I have a 4110 Mahindra with 700 hrs. and no clutch problems yet. Last year I had a loss of power problem but the fuel filter was the culprit.

/ Mahindra 2615 4WD #3  
Dad's 4110 has 750-800 hours & never any clutch problems.

I don't think it matters that they put the first 75 hours on the clutch (you knew it had 75 who-knows-how-hard-it-was-used hours when you bought it), but with only 156 total I would sure have to at least argue with them.

I would imagine demo's get pretty abused by potential buyers wanting to find out just how strong/ powerful this thing is before buying a new one.

Kinda like a rental car: "As long as there's no visual damage, no cost to me."

/ Mahindra 2615 4WD #4  
I agree with Bill about the fuel might be the problem. My 2615 is the HST model and I've had it lose power. Mine lost power twice. Once in winter because the diesel had gelled in the filter so I started using a mixture of kerosene and diesel to prevent that. Then when spring came I had not used up all of the mixed fuel and started losing power on a warm day . I had to add some Power Service Cetane booster to mine until I could refuel with straight diesel. I change my fuel filter once a year now.
I don't think the clutch should need replacing at 156 hours unless it wasn't adjusted right and slipping from the start.