2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP

/ 2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP #21  
The manufacturer doesnt have a very clear website, but its very similar to this:
http://www.butsmeulepas.nl/data/images/producten_extra/gr_db90ch93oek93i_bm2.JPG
The one i use, just has 9 of these shanks and no roller behind it.

this one would be useful, just needs its shanks staggered. When tilling deep, ours already plugs up with quackgrass with staggered shanks, which means 30" spacing on each row.

Here is the ultimate tool to eliminate clogging of shanks. We have sold a lot of these into Tx and La. in the last 3 or 4 years. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• haykingpasturerenovator.jpg
    haykingpasturerenovator.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 692
   / 2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP #22  
The local Conservation District has a rental chisel plow from Buckeye. It's pretty light duty - IMO. I wouldn't recommend it for sod or clay soils. The combination of the two would be way more than the Buckeye would stand up to for any length of time.

I've also got a 7-shank ripper nearly identical to the one that Sweettractor's offers. The model that I have is made by Landpride.

No coulters like the K&M or the Field Rennovator. Sure wished it did have 'em (coulters) - they're a deal maker or breaker - IMO.

My advice is to - get coulters and a model that allows the ripper teeth to be removed and attached to the mounting frame - like a box blade.

I used my ripper with a JD 970 tractor (33hp) on sod and R3's. Several things happened: wheel slippage and plugging. I ended up buying R1 tires (Ag type) and dropped every-other shank until I made 1-2 passes @ 4-5 inches and the "sod wads" were broken up better.

Based on my experiences - the K&M or the Field Rennovator look to be pretty good implements - not the Buckeye.

AKfish

/ 2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP
Thank you very much AKfish and Ken!

I've made up my mind to purchase the 4-shank Hay King renovator. Along with the renovator, I'm going to purchase 3 of their chisel shanks with points and sweeps.

Both types of shanks clamp onto the 4x4 frame.

My idea is that I'll remove the coulters and shanks from the renovator frame and attach the chisel shanks with points when I want to chisel only.

I'm thinking that when I attach the sweeps to the chisel shanks, I can use this configuration for cultivating at a shallower depth.

I'll be using the unmodified renovator configuration for deeper ripping out in the pasture to improve drainage and aeration.

Kinda like 3 implements in one! :)

I'll post some pics and notes once I get everything up and running.

Really appreciate everyone's comments!

Spindifferent

/ 2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP #24  
Here is the ultimate tool to eliminate clogging of shanks. We have sold a lot of these into Tx and La. in the last 3 or 4 years. Ken Sweet

That is the tool i am going to build, if i find a reasonable priced heavy cultivator as a parts donor. I need wider wings and 15" shank spacing to replace the plough. subsoiling 2 feet is of no use on our soil, because its beach sand under a foot of light topsoil. running the wings just under the topsoil would break up all hard pan, at 15 to 16" of working depth.
Min-till isnt as popular in Holland as it is in the wheat plains of north america, but in our sandy soil it pays off to save fuel and keep organic matter on top.

By the way, my conversion of units was way off: Our heavy cultivator with two rows of shanks, has a tine spacing of 20" which isnt enough for trash clearance. 30" tine spacing would be perfect. As said, our cultivator at 15"depth, with 10" tine spacing makes the soil just a bit too loose and pulls hard. To solve both problems i need 15" shank spacing like the one you posted. Coulters would be a plus but not required for me, as the pasture we renovate in the spring, is where we feed the horses all winter so there isnt much sod left in march.

/ 2 or 3 shank chisel plow and tractor HP #25  
I've made up my mind to purchase the 4-shank Hay King renovator. Along with the renovator, I'm going to purchase 3 of their chisel shanks with points and sweeps.
Both types of shanks clamp onto the 4x4 frame.
My idea is that I'll remove the coulters and shanks from the renovator frame and attach the chisel shanks with points when I want to chisel only.
I'm thinking that when I attach the sweeps to the chisel shanks, I can use this configuration for cultivating at a shallower depth.
I'll be using the unmodified renovator configuration for deeper ripping out in the pasture to improve drainage and aeration.
Kinda like 3 implements in one! :)
I'll post some pics and notes once I get everything up and running.
Spindifferent

HOW IS THIS MODULAR HAY-KING IMPLEMENT WORKING FOR YOU?