Farmall C PTO

/ Farmall C PTO #1  

GLEE01

Tractor
Ford 3930
Just bought a Farmall C. Checked the oil level in the PTO and it seems to be low. May sound like a silly question but does this fill area require hydraulic fluid or gear oil? The tractor does have factory hydraulics for the front cultivators. Thanks for any input.

Greg

/ Farmall C PTO #2  
90 Wt., same as the differential.

/ Farmall C PTO
Thanks DJ. I have newer tractors that of course use hydraulic fluid for everything. Just wanted to make sure. I'm loving this site so far.

Greg

Attachments

• 51superC4.jpg
    51superC4.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 1,875
   / Farmall C PTO #4  
Thanks DJ. I have newer tractors that of course use hydraulic fluid for everything. Just wanted to make sure. I'm loving this site so far.

Greg
Sir, you have a Super C vice a "C"...you can tell by the space between the hydraulic block and the fuel tank (C's tank almost touches the hydraulic block...Super C has about a 2-3 inch space between...also the clutch and brake peddles on the Super C are "curved" whereas the C's are straight...hopefully your tractor still has its serial # plate (will be on the left side of the tool box (under your seat)..the serial for Super C's starts with FC 100001. The super c was made from '51 till '54...great tractors...PS: the PTO gear oil is the same as the trans/diff. You will find a small plug on the right rear differential housing about 1/2 up. you fill from the "plug" on the operator's platform (near the gearshift lever). If you change the whole trans gear oil, it will take just at 5 gallons....good luck. BobG in VA