deutz wont run

/ deutz wont run #1  

jaybirdjo

Tractor
duetz
I'm trying to get a 3 cylinder duets to run.I'm not familiar with this engine. i need to know how to get the injector pump off without getting it out of time.is there timing marks like on a ford diesel or what.i would appreciate any help. thanks jaybirdjo

/ deutz wont run #4  
:welcome: to TBN! I have a Simplicity 9518 (same as Deutz 5215) that i have removed and replaced the injection pump on. Here is the thread i have, it has a little more information about it. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/simplicity/156894-simplicity-9518-rebuild-7.html My injection pump was a simple plug in unit which means it is self timed. It isn't hard to remove the pump, first time I'd say it would take about 45 minutes, i can do it in 20 minutes since I had to go through several pumps until I got a new one that actually worked. For mine, It was not cheap to replace, somewhere around $600. :( :eek: If your pump is savable, just compare prices on what it would take to rebuild it and what it would cost new. it would have cost me $450 to rebuild mine so i just bought a new one. I hope this helps! :)

Attachments

• 8-10-10 002.JPG
    8-10-10 002.JPG
    930.5 KB · Views: 120
   / deutz wont run
Thanks a million sounds its like a ford.They are also a self timing.Ill pull it off next :)week and get it checked out.Thanks again