Kubota or Mahindra

/ Kubota or Mahindra #11  
Mahindra's 6500 is now available, and I understand there will be a 75hp next spring sometime. All I know about the heritage is what I read on Mahindra's web site. At this point, it really is of little interest to me becasue after owning one, and putting it through the tests, it has proven that it works. It does what a tractor is supposed to do no matter where it came from.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #12  
It comes down to live vs independant PTO to me. The Mahindra has a 2 stage clutch. If its none hay related jobs you use your tractor for then the Mahindra is a great value. If you are using Boom mowers, disc mowers, hay balers, mower conditioners & drum mowers it's just easier to use the independant PTO tractors.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #13  
Agreed CCI. Also most other farming implements as well.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #14  
Slippy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have not been able to find another tractor that compares to the Mahindra 00 series in size, weight, power and price. )</font>

Have you been to your local Zetor Dealer. I think you will find our 4341.osr is more tractor for the same or less $$. And it has both independant and ground speed PTO. If you do not need a syncro trans or more than 4000lbs of hitch lift than ask about the 4341.osrsp and save even more $$. Zetor also uses the cararea front end.
Good Luck
Chipperman

/ Kubota or Mahindra #15  
Dr. Richard:

What is a 2 stage PTO? My Kubota as well as my Deere and the IH have a hydraulic engagement clutch and single speed (540) except the Deere which has 540 and 1000.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #16  
2-stage pto is a live pto where you push the foot clutch 1/2 way down to disengage the tractor tranny, and all the way down to disengage the pto (as well as the tranny of course). It allows one to stop the tractor motion or chang gears, while keeping the pto engaged.

It works well, several of my tractors have it. Inependent is slightly better, but I prefer the 2-stage over some of the independent hyd ones that don't feather much.

--->Paul

/ Kubota or Mahindra #17  
The 00 Mahindras in 4WD have an independent PTO.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #18  
CCI:
I don't know which Mahindra your referring to, but on the 00 line of tractors, when you push the clutch in, the pto keeps running. My understanding is, thats independent pto. They also have a pto clutch lever that will disengage the pto independent of what the tractor transmission is doing. Actually there are two levers. One is the clutch lever for temporary stopping of the pto, and then there is the engagement lever that acutally engages the pto.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #19  
I called a Mahindra dealer and you are correct it is Lever Independent just like an 880 Case. This makes the tractor even a better value.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #20  
Mahindra 4110 models have a 3 stage independent system, nothing, off when clutch depressed, and it caqn keep running whne clutch is depressed. I have a switch for those 3 positions and an electronic activate switch. This system is really nice to work with.