Kubota or Mahindra

/ Kubota or Mahindra #1  

motorjock

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TN75DA
I am needing to move up from my NH1920 and the two that have caught my eye are the M5700 & Mahindra 6000 both in 4wd and both with loaders. The 5700 dealer suggested the bush hog loader instead of kubota due to being able to handle more. Both had shuttle shift. A lot of weight difference but the wife liked the leg room in the 5700 where the 6000 was definately more of a working mans tractor. Of the two, I liked the 6000. I was quoted $25,200 for the Kubota w/loader and $22637.71 for the Mahindra. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!

/ Kubota or Mahindra #2  
Like you've already said,the Mahindra is more of a real tractor!! It also comes with a 3 year warranty. Mahindra is here to stay,and they are showing it with new models like the 00 series.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #3  
Woodbeef,
Have you looked at the Mahinda compacts. A lot of the parts are from Iseki. I am comparing them to my MF 1250 which is a Iseki TK532. The Rear axle, tranny, dash, steering, seat area, platform, hydraulics and more are the same.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #4  
<font color=blue>...the Mahindra is more of a real tractor!!...</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Geez Woodbeef... it sounds as you had a large farm or something like raising buffalo and use "real" big tractors or something... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Kubota or Mahindra #5  
I may get flamed, but it seems like the big Kubotas are light in the pants compared to other choices... Since Mahindras are out of IH lineage, (yes, I know it's redesigned and whatnot but play along a minute) they carry with them the heft of the old line, back when they added metal till nothing broke. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Kubota or Mahindra #6  
Geez....John,now what gives you that idea????

Hey Jerry,

No,I've not seen an actual Mahindra,but I have looked over the TYM ones. I'll have to pay more attention next time I see one!!

Hey Scott,

I agree totally with your line of reasoning!!

/ Kubota or Mahindra #7  
I have not been able to find another tractor that compares to the Mahindra 00 series in size, weight, power and price. Actually, the finish is very nice also. Mahindra uses Cararea (sp) front axels. Lots of good parts. Engine in my 6000 is real strong and runs like a top. Like I have said before, try to get a 60 hp tractor in a major brand and you can't come close to the Mahindra. 3 yr warranty and 0% money for three years, done deal.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #8  
Just a question? What did you ever do? Did you buy the Kubota or the Mahindra? Or not.....Just wonderin' BobG in VA

/ Kubota or Mahindra #9  
Slippy,
Which Mahindra tractors are/were built on the IH license ? Especially those like the IH 444. And where is a good Mahindra parts source. I am in KY and the Mahindra dealers seem sparse down here. I have heard that one can get Mahindra parts to fit in an IH 444 for a lot less money than the hard to find IH parts.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #10  
Hey slowrev,

The old 350,and 450 and the newer 05 series along with the new C series are all derived from the old IH B series license. I might have missed a few models in that line though. Basically anything but the 00 and 10 series are from the IH designs.