first carnage - help!!!!

/ first carnage - help!!!! #1  

jatt1

Tractor
Agricat FT454
Hi,

Hopefully this is in the right spot.

I bent my quick change mechanism (see fotos). Looking at how its bent I'm thinking I will have to at least replace the angle iron section at the bottom.

My thoughts so far are to also replace the solid round part where the bucket hangs from as well cause of how its bent and how this affects the alignment of the quick release and hydraulic arms

Dont have a gas axe but have managed to staighten the odd bit of steel in the past with the arc. To me the round is beyond this method, but hey I'm open to suggestion.

The biggest concern I have is the fact the hydr arms cylinders no longer have the same travel (arent the same length as each other). At this point the cylinders dont appear to be bent.

Would I have to undo the hydr lines to do this? Do I have issues with air locks in the line/cylinder once I am done?

Attachments

• bent qucick release 2.jpg
    bent qucick release 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 400
  • bent quick release 1.jpg
    bent quick release 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 372
   / first carnage - help!!!! #2  
Block the right cylinder (looking fwd) travel with a chain and push the left cylinder forward until it's straight. If you don't have enough grunt to do this pull it out with the chain on the right side and grounded to a BIG tree. Then bunt it in reverse until its straight. Don't use reverse traction, there's not enough force available. Use reverse momentum to do the job. You'll get it close enough to put the bucket back on. Do this with the loader frame down low.

If you are above average in cleverness, reverse the plumbing on one curl cylinder and use the twisting moment to get it back into shape.

I've had to do this for the neighbor, TWICE.

/ first carnage - help!!!!
Thanks for the reply.

Was pretty busy today working on customer stuff, so my father fixed her up. From the very brief moment I spoke to him sounds like he used the hyd cylinders with the help of some chocks placed between them and the quick release to straighten it out.

Connected the forks up later on without issue, so it must be reasonably good in its alignment. Looked ok when he unloaded a truck load of round bales this evening.

/ first carnage - help!!!! #4  
Yup, if you block one side out and curl it back, it will twist it back the other way.

/ first carnage - help!!!! #5  
It is amazing how often you can use a tractor to fix itself.

For example, changing the wheel on a tractor. If things are really tight, you can lay down some wood to form a sort of ramp.

And then drive the tractor at the ramp, allowing the front axle to ride up the ramp, lifting the wheel off the ground and letting you change it.

/ first carnage - help!!!! #6  
or if you have a loader, chain the axle to it and lift the axle.

Was quite impressed when the service guy used the loader to lift the front axle to remove the front wheel and hub assy.

He was very prompt to show up and remove it after the seal gave out. Guess that is reasonable to expect on a brand new tractor. Obtaining the part (a lousey O ring) and refitting took almost 5 weeks. And he has the nerve to get the ***** up at me. I warned him well in advance that I was not happy with how slow the whole process was taking, and would take the fact up with head office. My anger wasnt directed so much at him, he shouldnt have to have issues obtaining basic parts in the first place. A complete hub with seal was sent to the local agent. Shoot, it only needed an O ring.

By that point in time I wasnt prepared to wait any longer and fitted the darn thing up myself. Filled her up with gear oil, no problem since.

I still feel that if I hadnt become one of those angry customers and started showing up in person, that I would still be waiting.

/ first carnage - help!!!! #8  
G'day Jatt nice when it is an easy repair, where in vic are you? NH are pretty good to us and if they have the part in sydney thhen we have it on normal freight in 2 days usually, if we are in a real hurry AND the owner is willing to pay for it then we can usually have it air freight the next day. What i'm getting at is five weeks seems excessive to me.

Jon

Bendigo, pretty much in the centre of the state.

/ first carnage - help!!!! #10  
Yeah know where you are i am about an hour away in ararat, could have got your parts and walked there in that time ( and i don't walk far:laughing:)

Jon