utility tractors

/ utility tractors #1  

motorjock

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TN75DA
Could anyone help me out with a website comparable to TBN but for utility instead of compact tractors please. Thanks

/ utility tractors #2  
I don't know of one, but I think you'll find as much information here as anyplace else. Many of us don't have compact tractors, but have utility tractors. Give us a try, ask some questions!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ utility tractors #3  
I agree with Rich. We have one compact tractor and countless utility and row crop tractors.

/ utility tractors #4  
Motor jock,

I have not found one yet either, but as the guys point out a lot of the info on this site still applies.

You will find quite a few folks with big tractors and a lot of knowledge weighing in from time to time.

Fred

/ utility tractors #5  
Try www.ytmag.com it's geared toward the older, fullsize tractors. Hope this is what your looking for.

/ utility tractors #6  
YTmag is great. especially for older tractors, and they have a Todays Tractors page for newer tractors.

/ utility tractors #7  
Larger frame and HP compact tractors are considered in many respects utility tractors. There's a ton of information in the different forums that should help you out in answering any questions you may have.

.....Bob

/ utility tractors #8  
Exactly what is the cut off from compact to utility?? I don't think of my L3000dt as compact. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
if it is it's one dang big super lawn mower like some uh uh uh i have heard of uhuhuhuh somewhere!!

maybe they should start one!!

/ utility tractors #9  
Generally speaking utility tractors are models that run from 35-40 hp at the begining of a series and go up from there. They are also of an agricultrual type of tractor that can be used for many different applications.Weight also has a lot to do how a tractor is classified.Utility tractors weigh in at 3500 lbs and up.

/ utility tractors #10  
well your probably right the distinction is arbitrary.

I am not very up to date on orange machines, but in the NH line the utlilty machines are >50 gross hp.
Also if you look at the weight; large CUT is ~3-4000 lbs, without attachments.
Utilities are 5000+.

Also most of the CUTs are cat 1 and utilities are cat 2.

Which is better?
Depends on your needs.
If you have two acres a utility will be a pain to get in to those tight spaces.

Fred