3 pt post hole digger help

/ 3 pt post hole digger help #1  

TnT

Tractor
mf 31 Industrial
I have a post hole diggr that does not have a manufacturer plate, it is old. The fishtail auger point broke. This one goes over the auger shaft, not in it, and the attachment blades attach to the tip, not the auger. Does anyone know the make of this, or know where to get a replacement tip? All the ones I look at go into the auger shaft and they would fit 2", except the attached cutter blades go on the auger on all of these. I would replace the auger but this one is not designed like any others I see. See pic. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• post hole digger 001.jpg
    post hole digger 001.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
   / 3 pt post hole digger help #2  
I got a replacement 9 inch auger with bit for about 90 from rural King. try rural King or Agri supply. Doesnt include shipping. The individual bits and points are about half that deoending on your design.

/ 3 pt post hole digger help #3  
anew auger would be best, your old one broke, probly break the replacement of the same design. seems like the shearbolt should have sheared before that part broke. but i'd try to get a whole new auger that has cutting faces that are readily available.

/ 3 pt post hole digger help
I am willing to get a new auger but this one attaches like a pto shaft. notice the groove on shaft coming out of differential, a bolt goes there as well as in the middle. Not a common auger. Thanks.

/ 3 pt post hole digger help #5  
I have a post hole diggr that does not have a manufacturer plate, it is old. The fishtail auger point broke. This one goes over the auger shaft, not in it, and the attachment blades attach to the tip, not the auger. Does anyone know the make of this, or know where to get a replacement tip? All the ones I look at go into the auger shaft and they would fit 2", except the attached cutter blades go on the auger on all of these. I would replace the auger but this one is not designed like any others I see. See pic. Thanks for any help.

Not sure but that might be an old Danuser PHD.I would call them Monday morning and send them a pic to see if it is.

Boone

Augers | Auger Bits | PTO Diggers | OEM Parts | Danuser Machine

Thanks I'll do that. They may also have a point kit to modify my auger. I believe it is standard size ID. Callipered it, but forgot. TnT

Danuser said he thought it was a Five Star digger and they been out of business for a long time. Going to plan B, modify something. Thanks for the help. TnT