Hay Baler fan

/ Hay Baler fan #1  

Lone Wolf

Tractor
Kobota
Anybody use a small fan on their baler to keep the hay/dust of the knife/cutting area? I thought about getting a fan from Wally world and connect to a battery which would be located in one of the storage binds on the side. Thanks

/ Hay Baler fan #2  
I would be worried about the fan motor filling with that fine dust and starting a fire. If you can get a fan with a sealed motor then maybe but I think if you just clean it off at the end of the day you will be fine.

/ Hay Baler fan #3  
G'day common enough to se them fitted to the big square balers so much so that some even come with them from factory now, have never seen one fitted to a small one though.

Jon

/ Hay Baler fan #4  
Most just carry a leaf blower with them and clean 2 or 3 times a day !

/ Hay Baler fan #5  
Do a google search for HECO baler knotter fans

/ Hay Baler fan #6  
Most just carry a leaf blower with them and clean 2 or 3 times a day !

Dang! That's somethin'... Are you talkin' about those 3x3 square balers? I'd feel kinda silly doin' that on my little square baler!

I just puff out my cheeks a few times every day. :rolleyes:

AKfish

/ Hay Baler fan #7  
Leaf blowers work well for in the field for removing the chaff!

Do have googles handy!!!!

Last edited:
   / Hay Baler fan
Leaf blowers work well for in the field for removing the chaff!

Do have googles handy!!!!

How were you able to use the blower in the field as far as hook up, Thanks

/ Hay Baler fan #9  
   / Hay Baler fan #10  
I thought big square balers used pressured air (with a compressor) to really blow the hay/straw particles away. I have been thinking of something like that for my small square baler. You could place the outlets exactly where you want them. Gotta check out HECO website now.