Kuhn GRS 21 assembled wrong? Manual? Anyone?

/ Kuhn GRS 21 assembled wrong? Manual? Anyone? #1  

petes

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200 (21hp) , IH B275 (28hp), JD 1830 (68hp)
I picked up (2) GRS-21 rotary rake/tedders last week that together looked to have enough parts to make one good one plus have spares of the expensive bits.

I'm pretty sure they were both put together wrong in nearly every way possible by whoever had it before me (or before them since the guy I bought it from didn't use it... now I'm beginning to suspect why!). I'm pretty sure the tines were on backwards (support on the wrong side, which would explain why half the tines were broken or bent), but more importantly, in the "tedder position" the arms crash into the frame on the short side (3pt mount). I've tried swapping arms from basket to basket, but am beginning to suspect that the lock collars at the top of the arms are actually on backwards or wrong way around, making the positions that the arms lock into all wrong. I'm not sure if the spring loaded "trip" ends should trip in the rake or ted position... or maybe both?

Does anyone have a manual, service manual or some good photos of a GRS21 that's set up correctly that show where exactly the arms and tines should be in the rake and ted settings?

Thanks!
Pete
Bellingham, WA

/ Kuhn GRS 21 assembled wrong? Manual? Anyone? #2  
I picked up (2) GRS-21 rotary rake/tedders last week that together looked to have enough parts to make one good one plus have spares of the expensive bits.

I'm pretty sure they were both put together wrong in nearly every way possible by whoever had it before me (or before them since the guy I bought it from didn't use it... now I'm beginning to suspect why!). I'm pretty sure the tines were on backwards (support on the wrong side, which would explain why half the tines were broken or bent), but more importantly, in the "tedder position" the arms crash into the frame on the short side (3pt mount). I've tried swapping arms from basket to basket, but am beginning to suspect that the lock collars at the top of the arms are actually on backwards or wrong way around, making the positions that the arms lock into all wrong. I'm not sure if the spring loaded "trip" ends should trip in the rake or ted position... or maybe both?

Does anyone have a manual, service manual or some good photos of a GRS21 that's set up correctly that show where exactly the arms and tines should be in the rake and ted settings?

Thanks!
Pete
Bellingham, WA

Pete,

Web site:Kuhn GRS 21 Gyrostar tedder rake parts

idaho2

/ Kuhn GRS 21 assembled wrong? Manual? Anyone? #3  

Thanks!
Pete
Bellingham, WA

Hi Pete,
I'm in the process of rehabbing my rake so I have some pics. If your still needing pictures email me because I can not figure out how to attach them here.
Ron
ron@walkingtallstables.com