Tractor
    Kobota

Default Tractor brakes

kubota 2wd tractor. I thought all tractors had 2 separte brake pedal system. I have brake pedals with a bar plate that can connect the 2 pedals together to act as 1 braking system. I have never had the plate connecting the 2 brakes but after looking at it last night and trying to learn to use separte brakes to go only right or left. Well I noticed there is only 1 brake rod going from pedals to brake system therefore I think there is not a seoparte braking system...make sense? I can push on either pedal and both move together. So I am guessing some tractor don't have a 2 brake system. Thanks

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Default Re: Tractor brakes

Yep... not every tractor is created equal! Some of the "economy" Deere machines have a single brake pedal, too.

One more consideration when you're doing "homework" and trying to compare different tractors, too.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Gold Member
    Tractor
    706 IH, 1066 IH, and 301A JD

Buy a real tractor instead of a compact, and you will get what you want.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 960, 7700, TW20, 1720; IHC H, 300; Ollie S77

What model? Some tractors one pedal pivots a shaft directly, while the other pedal lnks to other control shafts to get to the other side......

--->Paul

Tractor
    Kobota

Barry, as fas I know this is a real tractor for me-45 hp with bucket/hydraulics. Big enough for me and baling hay.

Rambler-L4300.

Thanks

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Barry, as fas I know this is a real tractor for me-45 hp with bucket/hydraulics. Big enough for me and baling hay.

Rambler-L4300.

Thanks
    That'll do the job! Once in awhile; we all kick a little dirt on the other guy's boots...

Just ask 'ol Barry how that JD 302 is treating him... He might like that L4300 for a few days this next summer when the raking and tedding needs to get done!!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    Kobota

AKfish,

I always have someones or wife's dirt on my boots. If not dirt then horse poop!!!!