twine pricing suppose to rise

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #1  

CarterandCarter

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota m9540, jd 2755,2355,4055,2940,2030,2030 with loader,McCormick c70, and a bobcat
We have heard that 2 plants are shutting down in brazil that makes the green sisal twine, prices are set to dramatically rise in the coming year:mad:

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #2  
Oh, that's great. ;)

Let's see:
Diesel fuel at almost $4/gallon.
Most maintenance items at record high prices. (tires, batteries, filters, oils, etc, etc)
Western Lousisana and most of Texas in the worst drought on record.
And now, you wanna tell me that hay string is going up? :p

I should just shoot myself and get it over with, but the price of ammunition makes that cost prohibitive too. :D :laughing: (just kidding)

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #4  
Isn't a lot of hay twine now that polyethylene orange stuff? Or am I mistaken?

James K0UA

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #5  

James K0UA

they make the grren an orange plastic twine as well as sisel twine.we cut all the plastic an sisal twine off our hay now.tired of that crapp in the pastures.the only way to get rid of it is to burn it.

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #7  
   / twine pricing suppose to rise #8  
For you hopefull folks the Hemp I'm refering to might make you cough and end with a sore throat rather than an eterostic experience.

Hemp is an excellent agricultural plant that has many varied uses from fiber/seeds/oil.:)

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #9  

James K0UA

I havent seen sisal for 10 years did'nt realise they still made it ! I think the blue plastic looks the nicest .

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #10  
Most of my poly twine comes from Canada. There's a few guys that use sisal. They burn it and don't worry about fumes and leftover slag.

The local landfill recycles commercial fishing gear and will also take old plastic twine, too. That's were my twine goes.

AKfish