new holland mower

/ new holland mower #1  

farmboy1950

My brother and i found a new holland 44 45 46 sickle bar mower very close to where we live. What would it be worth.It's not in to bad of shape i don't think and it's pretty much complete. Also what would a 2 bottom allis chalmers plow be worth.

/ new holland mower #2  
Are you sure it is not a NH 451 or 456?

The 451 is a mounted or three point hitch sickle bar mower, while the 456 was a trail type. The 451 is still made today, with some minor improvements, so parts are readily available.

Determining what you have or are looking at, and in what condition, will help determine its value. The 451 can go for as little as scrap price or as much as two grand, at least in my corner of the world.

/ new holland mower
Positive cause it has a tag on it that says 44,45,46. It's a trailer type.

/ new holland mower #5  

I think you have found an interesting sickle bar mower, being as there may not be a lot of these left. I will admit at first I was skeptical on the model, but I pulled up the OPC and in fact found the model 44, 45, 46, and 47 trail type mowers.

They were made from 1956-1961 and could be ordered with an Allis Chalmers type lift mechanism or IH type lift mechanism and hitch system.

If this thing is in good usable shape, it may be worth a bit of money. Not "rare" money, but possibly a descent amount. The only issue you may run into is the availability of parts. In looking in the OPC, there are many parts that are no longer serviced or part type 6 (current dealer inventory only). Knife sections and things are still available, as are many other things, just be mindful in looking at your possible purchase.

Thanks for the post and welcome to TBN, your post provoked some research and I learned some things about a vintage piece. I know I did not answer your question on its exact value, but I would be curious as to what price is being asked for it. I will venture a guess of $1000-$1300 if it is nice?

/ new holland mower #7  

/ new holland mower #8  
Ken, can you venture a guess on about how many of these might still be kicking around? or maybe a price? This has peaked my curiosity as well.

I don't see those come through Ky often. That was probably more of a flatland mower being it is pull type? Ken Sweet

/ new holland mower #9  
My brother and i found a new holland 44 45 46 sickle bar mower very close to where we live. What would it be worth.It's not in to bad of shape i don't think and it's pretty much complete. Also what would a 2 bottom allis chalmers plow be worth.

My old Allis Chalmers 80T trailer-type sicklebar mower cost $125. Everything worked OK when I bought it about 5 years ago. Now the drive mechanism needs new bearings. The county used it to mow right of way.

AC 80T--1 (1).JPGAC 80T--2.JPG

/ new holland mower #10  
We bought a trailor mower NH 44.45.46, It was the best mower ever. Paid 300 for it. We used it 40 years still run great. It had a V belt that drove the pitman. Only thing that gave problem was the rope lift. We finally got the right size rope on it and it worked like a dream. Buy it! you can't go wrong. The only thing that goes bad are the bearings and they are had form TSC or a autoparts store. . . .John