Little Genius pull plow need help

/ Little Genius pull plow need help #1  

kritter

Tractor
little genius pull plow
I picked up as far as I can tell a 14 2 little genius pull plow. Looks to be in ok shape for doing food plots. Every thing seemed free and rolled off trailer so fast I had to catch up with it. Greased it all up, hooked it to my S10 and lined up on a easy to disk area to try out. Pulled the string plow dropped and rolled rye over perfect about 6 inches deep for about 40 feet. Then went shallower to about 4 incges and not really rolling for the next 100 yards. Pulled string and plow came up. Noticed spring on trip handle broke so I wired it on and started next row. Plow dropped and then started porpoising 10 feet shallow in then up 10 feet then down again. Then just tripped in up pos. I pulled trip plow dropped and triped right back up. If I hold trip string tight plow porpoises up and down. Im not much of a farmer this is my first plow. Any ideas?

/ Little Genius pull plow need help #2  
Sounds like old grease and dirt caked in the lift mechansim. Chunks moving around, and activating the dogs in the wheel.

Pull it off, and clean it out, and give to ole' girl some new grease. It will probably work like a champ.

/ Little Genius pull plow need help
Thanks for reply. I talked to an old farmer today and he said about the same. Take apart and look for trouble.

/ Little Genius pull plow need help #4  
I picked up as far as I can tell a 14 2 little genius pull plow. Looks to be in ok shape for doing food plots. Every thing seemed free and rolled off trailer so fast I had to catch up with it. Greased it all up, hooked it to my S10 and lined up on a easy to disk area to try out. Pulled the string plow dropped and rolled rye over perfect about 6 inches deep for about 40 feet. Then went shallower to about 4 incges and not really rolling for the next 100 yards. Pulled string and plow came up. Noticed spring on trip handle broke so I wired it on and started next row. Plow dropped and then started porpoising 10 feet shallow in then up 10 feet then down again. Then just tripped in up pos. I pulled trip plow dropped and triped right back up. If I hold trip string tight plow porpoises up and down. Im not much of a farmer this is my first plow. Any ideas?

I have a 2-14 Little Genius. No problems, but I cleaned all the moving parts thoroughly before I tried plowing with it. The design is so simple that I has to be crud in the trip clutch.

Good luck.