New Holland 467 Questions

/ New Holland 467 Questions #1  

atgreene

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 TB135 Excavator with Thumb, Quick Attach System, Ripper tooth, 3' Hydrauic Tilt Clean-up Bucket, Skeleton Bucket, 1986 Kubota 4150 with Loader and Quick Attach with Woods Forks, JD B, 1963 IH 504
I'm looking at a 467 NH. Stumbled upon it, and not being familiar with NH mo-co's I thought I'd ask the experts here if I should buy it or run the other direction?

It's all there and was being used, but lost the bushing on the cutter bar (part # 31 in the parts manual). As near as I can tell it is this one available on ebay New Holland 460 161 467 469 Haybine Sickle Head Bushing on eBay!

The guy who has it says it's too much of a hassle to fix the bushing so he's junking it and has bought a disk mower. What am I missing here? Is the 467 junk? I thought I had heard that it was a decent model. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

/ New Holland 467 Questions #2  
I'm looking at a 467 NH. Stumbled upon it, and not being familiar with NH mo-co's I thought I'd ask the experts here if I should buy it or run the other direction?

It's all there and was being used, but lost the bushing on the cutter bar (part # 31 in the parts manual). As near as I can tell it is this one available on ebay New Holland 460 161 467 469 Haybine Sickle Head Bushing on eBay!

The guy who has it says it's too much of a hassle to fix the bushing so he's junking it and has bought a disk mower. What am I missing here? Is the 467 junk? I thought I had heard that it was a decent model. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

That bushing is about the easiest part to fix on that machine, unless the eye on the knife has been damaged.

If you're ok repairing and using a 50 year old haybine, there's nothing wrong with them, they work well with very low HP tractors. Have a friend with a small horse farm who runs a 467 behind her 600 Ford. She cuts about an acre and a half an hour with the thing. If that's the size operation you got, I'd not be too afraid of it. I won't be trading my discbine for one one anytime soon, though... ;)

/ New Holland 467 Questions
We have a small operation, and due to the layout of several of our fields, getting a larger machine into and around obsticles (rocks) would be rather difficult. We might do 1500-2000 bales, so a small machine is fine by me. I have another 7' er, just would like to have a spare on hand.

Thanks~!