Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Fendt 209 P

Default Need list of ground speed for tractors

Hello,

I am currently living in the Netherlands. The tractors here in Europe have a fast road gear. I've seen some cruising down the road at 60 kph. Which is around 35 mph. Farmers here don't use trucks so the tractor is used on the farm and to tranport. As I move back to the U.S., I will be purchasing a tractor for use in between two farms and would like one that moves this fast. Does anyone have a listing of tractors and their ground speeds. I need one 40-90 hp. Thanks all.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Need list of ground speed for tractors

I don't think you will find that speed on tractors here...My NH TC -29 will do 13 MPH on the road and my JD-3020 not much better...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 1845C skidsteer

Some of the older tractors may have come close to the speeds you are interested in but were lower horse power. One that comes to mind is the old Fords with the Sherman overdrive. These were known as the "Amish Ferrari".

I have even read about some with the power take off going to a 2 wheel trailer with a high speed rear end where the trailer pushed the tractor as opposed to the conventional "tractor pulls trailer". Personally I never felt secure when running at top speed in road gear in 20-25 MPH range.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

The JCB Fasttrac should get those kinds of speeds as should some of the newer deere and other such large tractors. Not a whole lot else out there as far as I know.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

I think some of the New Hollands will do about 40 KPH. or about 25 MPH.. but nothing like you see in Europe.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

The New Holland T6000 series has a top speed of 31mph (50kph) when paired with the 19X6 Power Command transmission. The smallest in the series (T6020) is larger than the range that you stated at 110hp. That is the fastest road speed that I have noticed lately on a tractor.

The tractor in my Avatar picture is a TD5030 (75hp). Its top speed with a 12X12 mechanical transmission is about 18mph.
    Chris

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

My kubota Grand L3940 tops out at 17 mph if I eat a light lunch, duck down & keep the FEL low.

bcp
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

You have to choose a tractor first, but TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors will show you the speeds in each gear when you choose the "transmission" page.

Bruce

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 5093E

A John deere 5093E Limited will do 40km/h and is in the hp range you are looking for. I travel at that speed on the road with mine and it handles great. I don't think there are too many tractors of that hp range rated for over 40 or so in NA.
    2012 John Deere 5093E Limited

Tractor
    Fendt 209 P

Thanks all for the useful information. I look forward to shopping for a tractor in the coming year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast